cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career Prospects In SAP SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am working in freight forwarding industry and having experience of more then 10 Years in various department right from documentation to sales. I have worked with shipping lines, Inland Container depot and freight forwarders. To enhance my skills and giving it a technical edge i want to do a training in SAP SCM. As I don't have any exposure to SAP except doing some documentation work on SAP based Shipping Lines.

I need your valuable suggestions on how should I go about it. Can I go for classroom learning directly or i need to have some experience with SAP based organizations prior to that.

What are the career prospects in SAP SCM.

Regards

Akanksha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming you are interested in Leveraging the experience of last 10 years, I would recommend SAP Transportation Management rather than a more manufacturing focussed SAP SCM Training/Certification to you.

Largest Ocean Liners/Freight Forwarders are in the middle of their Transportation management system implementations and that should be a perfect fit for your past experience.

SAP SCM is on the other hand, a more manufacturing focussed area where your demand planning, forecasting, distribution experience would still come to use. However, many areas related to compliance, documentation do not find much role in SAP SCM area. On the other hand, MRP/MPS/RCCP/Constrained Planning are some area which SAP SCM will focus on which you may or may not have worked upon.

Hope the info. helps! Thanks, Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhir,

For your valuable guidance, but I am bit confused... on the micro level as per my understanding Transport as well as Warehouse Management is a part of Supply Chain Management. So if one go for certification / training, this will be for whole SCM Module including Transport Management, WH Management and other n numbers of product or each certification and training will only be for one module only.

And if i would like to go for transport mgmt, then which institute in India provide the best training.

Thanks, Akanksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i am awaiting for suggestion on my above query...

Regards Akanksha

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Advice you to go service.sap.com under training section. You should get details of course content.  training.sap.com

There are fairly detailed trainings and a SAP TM training need not take you to Warehouse management.

Atos continues to be the SAP certified training partner in India.

BR,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akanksha,

You are having good exposure on domain/ Industry and having 10 years of experiance in a industry is not simple..

Appriciate your idea on coming this forum to for better suggestions. So many people lack of better idea will be trying to reach some contacts for better oppertunities.

Hopefully you will get good suggestions.., where you need to choose which is perfect one.

Prior to going SAP training directly, first go to some training institutes..they will give you demo sessions on market trends and what will be helpful to build your carrer in SAP.

Then look into the options...

Thanks,

Bala.