cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No condition in the interface determination?

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

You know we can set condition in receiver determination or interface determination to use content based routing. However, we find in our current PI system (PI 7.0 SP12), there is no condition settings in interface determination, while we can only see condition in receiver determination.  Is our PI version too low?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi xinjiang Li,

PI Version which you mnetioned will support condition in Interface determination,Could you please paste screen snap of your configured Interface determination with operation mapping.

Regards,

Anusha

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Thanks for your reply. Our screen snap is as below. We ever used condition in operation mapping in PI 7.3x, however this time, there is no condition collum even if we specify mulitple inbound interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi xinjiang Li,

Check whether the operation mapping is configured for the inbound interface.

Regards,

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you haven't the EHP1 for PI 7.0, i think previous versions had not the condition editor in the ID. Talk with your basis team about what EHP has installed your PI 7.0.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should be able to create the condition. Click on the hand icon and try. Or you many need to drag the columns sometimes.

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

We are using PI 7.0 (SP12), no EHP1 involved.

Hi Kantheri,

We have tried to drag the column, but still no condition column.

Anyway, we managed fixing our requirement by other methods. One way I think is to use multiple receiver system. While in our case, we just use variable substituion to generate files in multiple directories, so bypass using condition of interface determination.

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I currently have no access to PI7.0 but will have it tomorrow. So will look into it and let you know if it is possible to add, because I strongly believe I saw the conditions included for one of our support customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could find some existing interface determination which has conditions. Also there are some which does not have this column, trying to figure out how to add the condition. But definitely possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/ea20e737f33ee9e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

It says the below for condition column to appear. Make sure there are multiple valid inbound interfaces for the same receiver and they have a valid  mapping which you can select. Probably only then the condition column will appear.

Specifying Conditions (for Multiple Inbound Interfaces)

If you have assigned more than one inbound interface, you can specify the conditions for forwarding the message.

To do so, in the Condition column, call the condition editor  ( icon).

This column is only available when you are assigning multiple inbound interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it,

When you select the second interface and save it, only then the condition column appears.

Try it and let me know.

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kantheri,

Yes you are right. After selecting the second interface and save it, then the condition appears. It's really a trick for low PI version. Thanks so much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the documentation

Interface Determination - Enabling Application-to-Application Processes - SAP Library

its mentioned as

You specify manually to which inbound interface at the receiver the message is to be forwarded. You can also specify the mapping that is to be executed. If you specify more than one inbound interface, you can specify conditions for forwarding the message to the inbound interfaces. These conditions are evaluated at runtime.

so better to raised it to SAP.

Reg,

avinash M