Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S162 table standart deviation problem

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I run MCXD report when i can not get results of standart deviation. What is the reason of problem ?

S162 table calculate mean value but it has 0 for std.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo,

You don't say what settings are maintained in the system. You must ensure that SPC characteristic is ticked on in the control indicators of the concerned MIC (s).

Other than that, sample size should be needed to set anything over 1.

~Karen~

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karen;

Spc is ticked in control characteristics but simple size is 1. What is the effect of sample size 1 ?

I will try and inform you. However, should i update S162 ? I have records which is null std.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal 

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For sample size for n=2 Stad. Dev would be calculated to 0. So for STD. Dev.you must use sample size greater than 1.

From SAP LIBRARY

• Sample Size

When selecting the sample size, you should take certain quality-relevant conditions into account.

If you want to use the sample size n=1, you should make sure that:

-

The control chart does not contain an s track.

-

While calculating the action limits, the process dispersion is determined using the total dispersion or the dispersion between samples and not using the internal dispersion.

The reason for this is that the standard deviation of sample size n=1 is always 0.

In the case of SPC inspections with recording of measured values, sample sizes between 4 and 20 are standard; the most frequently used value is n=5.

By choosing a larger sample size, you can use the central specification limit record for quantitative characteristics whose original values do not have a normal distribution. An approximate normal distribution of the mean values is then calculated according to this central specification limit record. Therefore, you can also use Shewhart charts for the mean value even if the population is not normally distributed. The sample size you select should be in accordance with the degree to which the distribution deviates from the standard distribution

For more info.

Maintaining Sampling Procedure for Control Charts - Statistical Process Control (SPC) - SAP Library

Regards

Manish