Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No number in Barcode picture

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,
We use scriptform to print barcode. We get the right result until we update the driver of the printer. Now the

printer driver is "Ricoh Aficio 3045 PCL". Our previous device type (t-code SPAD) is TWSAPWIN, it can't print from

SAP. Then I create another output device and change the device type as HPLJ4000 according sap notes. We can print

from SAP now, but the result is a little different from previous result. Firstly, the font is a little different,

we can accept it; secondly, there's no number in barcode picture(see below), anyone can help me?

Best regards,
Microfish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you print via a windows device type like TWSAPWIN, the bar code is created via  barcode.dll in the windows system. When you print via a PCL device type like HPLJ4000, the barcode is created via the internal barcode fonts of the printer or barcode DIMM. See SAP note 1557674. A command is sent from SAP to the printer to switch to the required barcode font. The commands are stored in the print controls which you can check via SE73 -> Printer Fonts -> HPLJ4000 -> <Barcode name> ->

To get the human readable text, probably this command has to be changed. See SAP note 45643 about the commands for JetMobile barcode DIMM.

Regards,
Aidan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your attention. We installed another PCL driver to avoid the problem at last.

regards,

Microfish

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi microfish,

why just add another field below the barcode and print it in a clear form. That might be the easiest solution ever

And if the control-digit miss, you just can call the functionstone before (debug the test-barcode in SE73 for further info, I do not got it available at the moment)

~Florian

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your reply. We have work order number in the form and only that printer has problem to show the barcode. And the digit in barcode will make convenient to warehouse staff.

We've solved the problem by install another PCL driver.

Regards,

Microfish