cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap and Lab Preview of Work Manager 6.x???

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to find any new info on the next release(s) of SAP / Syclo Work Manager and struggling to find much information. e.g. service.sap.com/roadmaps has limited information and no pictures (plus is getting old now). asug.com seems to not have anything recent. SCN doesn't either.

If I was to sum up what I know from looking around, it is that Work Manager 6.1 (due when SMP 3.0 becomes GA next month?) supports SMP 3.0 moving to the HTTPS web socket (internally still using ANGEL) allowing AD username/password authentication and SSO to backend ERP, and that ESRi integration is contained also (possibly) but surely there's more than that coming soon (possibly in a 6.2 release).  e.g. 6.1 is mostly a technical upgrade.

Since 5.3 to 6.0 was such a dramatic change in functionality, does anyone have any reference material they can point me at that describes the changes coming in 6.1/6.2?

The reasoning is a project I'm on is going to need to make some custom changes due to some limitations in the current solution which we suspect will be enhanced in the forthcoming releases and we'd like to align with the changes as much as possible.

Cheers,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Matt,

The changes from Work Manger 6.0 to 6.1 will be less dramatic but are very exciting especially the Open UI integration options.

• Based on SMP 3.0 using websockets for communication
  • GIS (ESRI) integration via Open UI
  • Visual Enterprise 3D integration via Open UI
  • SAP JCO 3 Support
  • Crew Management
  • WRP Customer Service
  • UX Improvements

--Bill

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. Are you able to share any screen shots of specifically Crew Management since at least for me, that is an area where my current client may need to make some significant changes to 6.0 functionality and it would be good to align the approach in the interim?

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

We find ourselves in a very similar situation where we desperately are on need of more detailed information. I do realise SAP WM 6.1 is only to be released towards 2nd half of June, but it would be extremely useful and beneficial if we can have the necessary details on the new functionality with SAP WM 6.1. Especially Crew Management and GIS integration as these are high on their requirement list. We have started developments to include Crew Management and QM functionality, from that perspective it is important to understand SAP's product road map.

Did you receive any feedback on your last post?

Regards

Edwin

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Edwin. No luck, but I expect you'll be able to get a lot of information after Sapphire...Otherwise there would be no news for SAP Work Manager

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Edwin,

As Matt mentions I would expect there to be demonstrations and more details at Sapphire next week.

In terms of high level features related to Crew Management and GIS I can share the following.

The Crew Management Component allows technicians to complete the following tasks:

• Add or delete crew members
  • Add or delete vehicles
  • Take vehicle odometer readings
  • Add crew time

The MobileGIS integration (ESRI) will enable the following functionality

• View Jobs near me (Work Orders and Notifications)
  • View Assets near me (Equipment and Functional Location)
  • Search / Locate Orders and Notifications  on the Map
  • Search / Locate Equipment and Functional Locations on the Map
  • View / Create Work Orders and Service Orders from  the Map
  • View / Create Notifications from  the Map
  • View Equipment and Functional Location Details from the Map
  • Create Measurement Readings from the Map

Hope this helps!

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your feedback, this is very useful information.

Regards,
Edwin

Answers (0)