cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customs declarations creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can any one help on how we create customs declaration when ever the proforma invoice transferred from ECC to GTS.

What are the configuring steps to process of customs declaration to the customs department.

how we convert customs documents(proforma invoice) as customs declaration in GTS.

Thanks in advance for correct answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Customs Declaration is created as soon as a proforma invoice is created in the Feeder system provided you have the below settings already in Place.

• In Feeder system:-
  1. Control settings for Invoice (Application SD0C) for a particular invoice type needs to maintained and switched on

• In SAP GTS system:-
  1. Maintain the legal Regulation for Customs Declaration and activate it for particular (Import or Export) Scenario and for required country set/sets.
  2. Mapping and related Settings for Document from SAP Feeder system to SAP GTS Document ( in this case for Customs Declaration) needs to maintained in the SPRO-->General Settings area of the SAP GTS system. This includes both Document as well as Item Mappings.
  3. Maintain Numbering scheme for Tariff codes and assign those to the concerned Legal Regulation created earlier.
  4. Define Technical medium for messages for general documents and associated conditions in Customs Managemnt area to define the type of Declaration (Print or Electronic) to be used in this case
  5. Define Message Scheme and messages for Communication with Customs
  6. Define Control settings for Communication Process
  7. Define Determination of Activity sequence.

Above are the major steps involved for your query but these may further increase for more detailed configuration and as per the requirement.

Related to your query on declaration to Customs Authorities, in this standard EDI concepts comes into play for electronic Declarations.

Actually for Customs Declaration, we have two options, which are as follows with their passage to Customs Aauthorities:-

Print:- In this documents are printed by company as per the demand and produced as hardcopy or as email/fax to customs Authorities

Electronic Declaration:- In this case, Customs Declaration is converted into an Idoc at the SAP GTS end itself using EDI technology and further through a middle ware it is converted into a format required by Customs Authorities and In a similar backward way, the resposes are receieved at the GTS system.

For your query on coversion of Customs Documents to Customs Declaration, I would like you to take a look at the thread on difference between Both.

Hope I answered it.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amandeep,

Thank you very much for you answer.

one more small doubt i was little bit confuse.

1.if i transfer any document related to orders those documents will call as customs document in GTS.

2. If we transfer Proforma Invoice those documents will called customs declaration.

what exact customs documents and customs declaration.

I already asked the difference but i am not clear.

sorry to ask repeatedly the same question.

any special configuration require to convert proforma invoice as customs declaration when we transfer from ECC to GTS.

Please briefly explain on these thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

But I thought that you were clear with it as per your below mentioned Thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3540347

Please let me know what are the things about which you still feel confused here.

PS:- I could see a lot of your threads as unanswered although the experts have already provided good and satisfactory  replies. Please close them by marking them as helpful or answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

But unfortunetly i am not getting to mark the option button Correct.

I don't know how to mark that why i like the threads which is correct or helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Since you are relatively new. Please use the below reference for help.

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

or use below SCN section to get your issues noted and get solution for them related to SCN access issues.

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/content