cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice receipt paid against wrong line item on PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a purchase order with two line items that have an invoice posted and paid against it that should have gone to different line items in the PO.  These will never clear because the GR was completed and posted on the correct line item, now we have invoice receipts greater than goods receipts, and ordered quantity on the two line items erroneously.

How can I move that invoice and payment to the correct line item?  If the check was paying more than that one invoice I am hesitant to reverse the payment document and the invoice receipt to move it all.  Can I post subsequent debit/credit against the line items?  Can I process a debit/crtedit note to clear this up?

What is the best solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can reset the payment document using FBRA transaction right? (do not reverse/cancel it). Your payment & vendor credit will become open items.

Then cancel the invoice document and post correct document and clear it with payment document.

This can be a better solution keeping all your procurement, invoice and payment reports correct.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wont MR11 just do the job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post a subsequent credit against the line items for which the invoices were captured wrongly. This will raise a debit balance in the vendor ledger.

For the correct items, do the GR, capture the invoice, this will raise a credit balance in the vendor.

Finally now you will not have to pay anything to the vendor as the debit and credit balance will match.

It is not advisable to reverse payment documents as the vendor is not going to pay you back. Also, if your business process allows it, tick GR based IV on the vendor/PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I go in and try to post a subsequent credit, it is trying to post against the GR/IR account.  It should not choose that account, it should all go against the vendor account.

It is coming through like this:

210210    Vendor Acct    9576.54

650000    Supplies          -7274.36

24910          GR/IR              -351.18

650000    Supplies          -1951.00

I need the entire amount to post to supplies.  Why line 1 went correctly and line 2 split I don't understand

I have 2 line items on the PO/Invoice I am trying to move

One line item for: 7274.36 and the other for 2302.18

Can anyone help?