Help Needed: HP QTP/UFT integration with Solution Manager
We are trying to make HP UFT 12.00 work with Solution Manager 7.1 for enabling automated testing for our client. We have successfully linked HP UFT and Solution Manager and were able to record and execute a test script created in HP UFT with no problem.
Unfortunately, when we tried creating a new test script in HP UFT and tried saving it so that it is stored in Solution Manager, we get the following error. We have reviewed the integration procedures and authorization objects needed and it seems nothing was missed.
Anybody familiar with the said error or any suggestions where to look will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Detailed steps for replicating the issue:
- Connect to Solution Manager through Tools -> SAP Solution Manager Connection…
2. Open Unified Functional Testing (UFT) 12.00
3. Click File -> New -> Test
4. Type even a dummy script in the Action window
5. Save Test Script by clicking File -> Save <test name> As…
6. Fill out dialogue box with Test name and Test version then click Ok. Note: I used Z* name
7. Error Message appears
One observation is that, error message only appears when trying to save a Test that is not currently in Solution Manager. If I try saving the dummy test from above as “Z_CREATE_SALES_ORDER_02” (exists in Solution Manager),
I am asked if I want to overwrite existing test in Solution Manager.