cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which approach to choose SAP PI or Consumer proxy?

Private_Member_14913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are implementing SAP CRM in our landscape. We already have SAP PI in place.

Now to make communication between SAP CRM and third party application, which approach shall we choose?

1. Create Provider/ consumer proxies in SAP CRM and exchange the data with third party systems.

2. Use SAP PI as middleware and exchange data with third party systems.

Please let me know the pros and cons for both of them.

Thanks,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One of the most important is the monitoring / trace and capacity of reprocess messages that offers SAP PI. The possibility to quickly send alerts if an error is triggered... etc

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Private_Member_14913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinu for the reply.

I got so many + points for using PI but still have not got any negative point for using Client proxy directly on CRM. What will be the major difference if i will not use PI and directly use Client proxy.

thanks,

Sameer

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sammer,

Respecting the monitoring you can have motorization in the two approaches, with PI is more complete but in my opinion the best point to use the PI is to have all or the most connectivities centralized in PI. The use of a  middleware software has its disadvantages but the advantages are more important: decoupling interfaces, connectivity controlled in one point and not in multiple point that implies an easy maintenance and scalability and so on.

Regards.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I would suggest to use the SAP PI to integrate third party system and SAP CRM.

The below blog might be useful

regards,

Harish

Private_Member_14913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

thanks for the link. One correction from myside, when i mentioned 3rd party system its not actually 3rd party system, its still inside our firewall.

I actually need to provide the pros and cons for not using Consumer proxy on CRM if I want to with SAP PI.

Any other inputs?

Thanks,

Sameer