cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-checking ATP give different result than intial ATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a sales order is entered via VA01 the ATP check is automatically run and returns a date based on the checking rules set up.  Our configuration is set to consider production requirements so that even if there is enough quantity for the sales order in unrestricted stock, but unfilled production requirements exist, the ATP will return a future date when supply is available or out to the total replenishment lead time.  The problem is that if the sales order is saved and the ATP check is then manually executed it returns today's date and no longer considers the production requirements.  We want the manual ATP to return the same dates as the initial ATP.  How can we make this happen?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

It seems you are using accumulation settings as  3 "Required quantity when created, conf. qty when changed" in OVZ2. Please change it to 2 and retest. For detailed information on the field setting please read F1 help on the field.

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amber,

Yes we are using accumulation setting #3.  On your suggestion, I set one order type to use #2 and one to use #3.  Then I booked an order for each type with quantity 5. Based on the stock requirements situation, they both scheduled to the replenishment lead time as expected.  I then went in to them and ran the manual ATP via VA02.  Both rescheduled in ahead of the dependent production requirements giving the same dates for each order type. (I didn't save the orders between tests so as not to complicate the data.)  The business is insisting that the manual ATP should return the same dates as the initial ATP upon order entry.  It is clearly not doing that.  Is what I am seeing standard behavior for the ATP?

Thanks,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use CO09 to execute manual ATP? Please check the checking rule and checking scope.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is the manual ATP executed in a sale order via VA02.

Bob