cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'sap' directory not found under /oracle/SID/11203

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are moving from oracle 10.2.0.5.0 to 11.2.0.3.0. As part of this, i have installed Oracle 11.2. Now to run the dbua.sh script, i cant find the directory 'sap' under /oracle/SID/11203 where, it should be. Currently am stuck and can't proceed further.

Environment:

AIX 6.1

LPAR has 5 WPARS each of which is 1 SID. Am working on 1 WPAR right now.

My search in SMP, SCN is in vain.

Request yo shed some light on this if you have already come across this situation.

Let me know what logs you require as well.

Regards,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

But if you wish, you can install the DBUA wrapper script with a standalone patch.

p9584028_<release>_Generic.zip

You can find more details of this patch in note below:

1431793 - Oracle 11.2.0: Upgrade Scripts

Regards,

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

I have considered application of SBPs already. A high priority message to SAP is also raised. Waiting for the confirmation from SAP.

fyi -  during the ./RUNINSTALLER -> I have encountered some OS patch issues which were ignored upon confirmation from SAP. Second thing, I have selected the option - "install database software only" for the installation options (as the upgrade will be done by dbua.sh).

let me know your thoughts on this please.

Regards,

Sree

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos / Experts,

Thanks for your inputs. I have applied separately the stand alone patch p9584028. I got the directory 'sap'.

There was the issue with ORACLE_HOME as well. Manually set it to /oracle/SID/11203 and installed the opatch  9584028. After that, i have updated the SBP as well.

Now the upgrade is done successfully.

Thanks for all your inputs.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Now to run the dbua.sh script, i cant find the directory 'sap' under /oracle/SID/11203 where, it should be.

As per my understanding you need to execute dbua.sh script.For this you can find it under /oracle/SID/11203/bin directory.Please correct me if i misunderstand.

encountered some OS patch issues which were ignored upon confirmation from SAP

Rest could you please share the OS patch issues which you ignored while installation.

Regards,

Gaurav

0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

The DBUA wrapper scripts are part of the actual SBP. So installing any of the available SBP on top of any 11g release will place the following directory structure into the ORACLE software:

.../sap/

/ora_dbvault/

/ora_upgrade/

/post_upgrade/------------>dbua.sap.sh (and other post upgrade scripts)

/pre_upgrade/------------->pre upgrade scripts that has to be started                                                                       before the actual upgrade

Regards,

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

The upgrade scripts are contained in Oracle database patch 9584028. Make sure that you have installed the required SAP Bundle Patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

The patch is already applied.

xxxxxxxxx>  opatch lsinventory | grep 9584028

Patch  9584028      : applied on Mon May 23 14:16:46 UTC 2011

Regards,

Sree

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Which SBP did you use ?

Could you supply the commands to install the SBP and the log files as well ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I have considered application of SBPs. But waiting for SAP's reply on the high priority message.

Regards,

Sree

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is nothing much we can suggest without the MOPatch log file.

You can check the log at /oracle/SID/112_64/cfgtoollogs/mopatch

0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

If the patch was applied but the SAP directory is not there, I guess somebody deleted the directry manually. I was involved in such a case recently. Check and ask your colleagues who has admin authorization on this mashine, if they know what happened.

P.S.: Using the SAP RUNINSTALLER does not make any difference - at least regarding the Upgrade Wrapper patch - as the SAP RUNINSTALLER calls the Oracle runInstaller, nothing else.

Regards,

János

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

After installing the Oracle 11G software have you installed the latest SBP ?

If not please install the latest SBP and the upgrade scripts will be there.

1431793 - Oracle 11.2.0: Upgrade Scripts

Regards

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

As part of this, i have installed Oracle 11.2. Now to run the dbua.sh script, i cant find the directory 'sap' under /oracle/SID/11203 where, it should be. Currently am stuck and can't proceed further.

Please confirm you have installed Oracle using ./RUNINSTALLER and there are no errors during installation.

Secondly look into folder /oracle/SID/112_64 which should be home directory for target version.

You should get sap folder under this.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have installed using RUNINSTALLER. 112_64 is a symbolic link to 11203.

Regards,

Sree