cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Content server patches

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

I am looking at patching my SAP 6.40 Content server on Windows 2008 R2 in order to do a homogenous system copy. The system uses MAXDB 7.8 as storage. I have two questions, how do I find the patch level of the current content server software. CSADMIN just tells me version 6.40 build 201 pversion 046, is this last number the patch, or is it the server patch entry under the tab statistics . I ask this because if I look in the SWDC the last patch listed is 18 not 046.  If I do need to patch the system do the patches have to be applied in sequence or if 18 is the latest patch can I skip everything up to 18. The notes related to the patches for content server are unspecific on this last point.

Thank you

Troy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

You can get the details of your patch level from the content server info URL.

just like http://<Content Server Hostname>:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

try to go to this URL and you will get the patch details.

Hope this helps!!!

AC

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Troy,

Checked sap market place there is corrently highest patch level 18  for contentserver 6.4. Refer screen shot ..

046 is for the SAP Content Server HTTP Interface which comes by default at content repositories.

Let me know your corrent patch level of CS.

Regards,

chandu.

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

Chandu,

I know what patches are available from SAP, the question was where do you find the Content Server patch level after you install it. Which on playing with the system last night and monitoring the various screens I was able to find after all. In transaction CSADMIN select the content store you want to patch, on the Statistics tab there is an entry, ServerPatch,  this value coincides with the patch level of the content server. The answer as to wether the patches are cumulative or incremental I will find out in a couple of hours as I decided to patch the server under the assumption that patches where cumulative.  I will know after the users test the patches I applied last night.