cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Edit/Display options for services in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like some help in determining how to make a service like "Personal Profile" and then "Personal Data" or "Bank Information". How can I make them editable or display only? In addition to that in "Communication" the primary email address is display only, but the secondary address is editable. The issue is after you save the address the first time it doesn't let you save it again. Like the editting pencil remains, but the save option is gone.

Anothony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use SM30 transaction and there look for this view V_T7XSSPERSUBTY

Former Member
former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the version of ECC system and portal ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar it is ECC 6.0 and portal 731.

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it ECC 6.0 EHP5 or EHP6 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is EHP6.

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In EHP6 there is standard functionality provided by SAP for controlling the Edit/Changes by employee in ESS for personnel information (Personal Data , Address, Bank Information etc).

-> Run the t-code SM30

-> Specify table V_T7XSSPERSUBTY

-> Click on Maintain button

-> Specify Country Grouping

-> Create / select the infotype line item which you want set it as Edit/Display only

-> Click on Details button

-> Here there is check box Display only option, check this option and save it.

This can be done for Infotype and subtype level which ever you want in personal information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar Reddy,

Thank you for your response, but this option does not work. I am attaching a screen shot there is no such option as making it Display option.

Please have a look

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you said your using EHP6 ? this screen shot is EHP5 it's not EHP6.

That option is available in EHP6 only.

In your case you have to do application level enhancement and set the properties to Edit/Display only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have upgraded to EHP6. We upgraded to EHP6 last year. Is it possible that somehow we didn't upgrade this? By the way, can you please give a little more detail on application level enhancement? Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it's in EHP6 that option should exists. The screens shows is EHP5.

Did you activated the Business Functions

HCM_ESS_CI_2

HCM_ESS_WDA_2

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not seem to have HCM_ESS_WDA_2 activated, but will that cause problems elsewhere if we activate it? Like what would be the PROS and CONS? Here is a screenshot below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding in the SPRO, it will show few more additional configs.Do you have display only option in the table T7XSSPERSUBTYPE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I activated the business function and it did give me the option, but it still did not give or remove the pencils. How do I get the pencils (for editing) to appear or disappear?Thank you for your help Yugandhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you uncheck the the display only option, then you will get edit i.e. the pencil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yugandhar, the requirement is also that the user would like to see details on the right hand side as shown in the image. Once the "details" is selected more information is displayed on another screen. This usually happens when someone logs into the backend system (ECC) and on the portal it shows this display mode for everything. How can i make this "Display only mode with the details option" the default mode? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnot understand your requirement here but check the values in launch pad for personal profile

READ_ONLY_PROFILE_WITH_DETAILS

READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE

They will make the entire screen read only, might be this is set for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yugandhar, the details tab shows up in front of some information like Infotype 2 (Personal data) and infotype 9 (bank details) after selecting the READ_ONLY_PROFILE_WITH_DETAILS , but for all other Infotypes the details option does now show.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its based on subtype table config V_T7XSSPERSUBTY, there u can check read only option

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see it, Yugandar.