cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Problem: creating reports with pre-defined templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new here. And also new to crystal reports. I have a strange requirement with reporting in Crystal reports. I do not know whether the solution is feasible or not.

I am using Crystal reports for Enterprise 2013 edition.

I am trying to create a template and then allocate cell wise values(like Excel) to the cells in the template. But I am facing the problem while assigning values to these cells from the data source.

Steps I followed:

1. Create a Blank Crystal report without data source.

2. Create a Data connection to oracle database/universe.

3. Drag database columns to these cells.(Maybe use intermediate formulas)

But I am facing an issue. whenever I am assigning the columns to these cells. There are multiple pages displayed for each value from the column in the database.

The sample test data and steps are explained the attached excel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I don't think you need separate formulae for each 'row'.

Create a formula called 'Description' and drop it on the Details Section.

Similarly create two separate formulae for the Amount Columns and drop them on the Details Section.

Open the Description formula and just add the 'Description' field inside this formula. Do the same for the Amount formulae.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for the reply. But Still the same problem persists. Like it displays one page per every row of amount1 & amount 2. Since there are two rows, there are two pages. But how to make it to one page and create the report with structure same like the database table, with pre-defined template?

Like in the above example, as per the attached image I am getting the output as step 3. But I am looking for Output like in the attached below image.

Like I am dragging the amount1 column from the database column into the blank cell of the template which is ACCOUNT1, amount1 and similarly amount2 column into the blank cell of ACCOUNT1, amount2.

In normal scenarios, I would start directly with the connection and just drag and drop the columns in the body of the structure tab and format accordingly. But I cannot apply it here since the reports have a lot of formatting and it will be not feasible/appropriate to define formatting in the database column values. For ex: Spacing in the fields etc.

So I have to create pre-defined templates without data connection initially and then allocate values into the blanks cells using appropriate mappings/formulae once data connection is available.

Any help/solution on this approach would be really great.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

How many rows of data do you have on the report now?

If you see two rows of data as expected however, see also see a page break between these two rows, then it could be because the 'Avoid Page break' option is unchecked for the Body section.

Highlight the Body section > Right-click the small drawer that you see in front of that section > Format Section > Paging > Make sure 'Avoid Page Break' is checked.

Similarly, make sure there isn't a conditional formula entered for the other paging options.

Also, right-click the Body area to the left > Format Body > Paging > Make sure none of the paging options are checked in here - especially the 'New Page After xx visible records'.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

There are four rows of data. The structure/template is repeated for each row.

And all of the options in Paging both in Body section and Body area are maintained as you have mentioned.

Have attached the screenshot of the sample data.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not too sure what's happening with the report.

Please attach the report with saved data or send it to my e-mail and I'll take a look at it.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sent you a mail with attached report. Please have a look at it and share your feedback.

Answers (0)