cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic serial number generation in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to generate a unique serial number for everytime I generate a smartform for an employee in SAP hr. Please suggest how to do that. I want to store the same serial number for a personal number - so that when the smartform is generated for an employee again, the previous data should come in the form and not the new one. Pls sugggest.

Also I want to know how to mail the smart form generated to the concerned persons sap inbox and to his/her e mail address (yahoo mail or g mail). Please suggest how to achieve the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ahuja,

one way we can find the number of times a smartform printed by using NAST table.

whenever u issue a smartform one entry will be stored in NAST table.

the above will be trggered only if u use the output type configuration

if u r smartform is stand alone program then u ahve to maintain a custom table to store this type of data.. then read the data in u t program.

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved. Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey reddy,

Please throw some more light - give me some code to generate store the serial number in the z table

Former Member
0 Kudos

so ur r doing standalone program!!

tell me wht more info u need to store about the old formalso

Message was edited by:

Naresh Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am. M using the driver program to pass the data to smartform, designing the screen where the user would have buttons to print form, download to pdf - ( i know these both) and to mail the form generated to a persons' e mail box - (i want to learn this - donno any thing about this.) . also a button to send the smartform to concerned persons SAP inbox.

And of course serial number generation for the smartform everytime - storing it in ztable along with the data passed from screen to form and when the same emplouyee genetates the form, same data from ztable comes and not the new one - using that unique serial number.....

Answers (0)