cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material configuraion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

My Client has specific requirement like some special promotional material has been created and this material should be sold to only one customer.

No any other customer  can buy this material. so, how can we address this issue.

Please guide me if any standard configuration is there or not?

Regards

Anand.G

SAP SD Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear --You do like Below.

1.Create a separate Item category group(ZXXX) in OVAW

2.Create a usage ZYYY--in 0VVW.

3.Create the material with this ZXXX item category group(please dont use Regular NORM here--affects the other processes)

4.Go to VD51--maintain the Customer material info record with usage ZYYY.

5.Now for your VOV4 --see to it that you should maintain like Below:(let us take OR as your document type)

• No Combination should be given for  OR+ZXXX Combination as default item category.(should not maintained in Copy controls too)
  • Maintain the combination only for OR+ZXXX+ZYYY+Blank (H.ItmCat)=TAN(your required Default item category)

So Only for the customer maintained with Usage ZYYY--is allowed for sales order creation.

Other documents--will show the error of T184 item category determination problem

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan,

You have given very simple solution it is working fine.

Regards

Anand.G

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phanikumar V

While Listing / Exclusion functionality is the best solution to the requested requirement, as already suggested, yours is also a different approach and good one. 

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

If you can get some information from your client about - in future would other customers be sold some specific materials?

If this case arises, then you have to take into consideration the number of usages you have to create, the number of item category groups you have to create. This would lead to too many objects (configurations).

If that could be the requirement in future, you could go for a table with entries - customer and material. and then use coding in the appropriate userexit, during creation of sales orders.

In other words, look into the business requirement and would this be asked by other customers too, in the future?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phani,

The solution you provide is a treat to read!

But if you read F1 help for Item category group, you will see that the examples SAP provides are groups e.g. service item etc.And how for a group of materials, an item category could be determined.

E.g. service items would have an item category which would not have delivery in the sales process.

Long back, an expert told me to not get into the temptation of creating a group for a single entity (one material, one customer etc.)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir-blessed with your compliments.Feeling very lucky.

Hurray--i got my legends compliment..very very happy sir...

Please bless me sir.

Your student and follower

Phanikumar

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Type writer,

Yes--your expertise teaches us so many things.(strongly needed for me)

i was thinking of Risk &Benefit ratio here.

As suggested we cannot create a group for a single entity/Customer.

I have to agree with you here.

I was thinking to use this Item category group in my example--due to this item category group will not have any controls(like any fields inside this key)

So i feel in this way.

If i am wrong--please correct me sir.

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phanikumar,

"Your" post looks very similar (and in concept the same) to Ed Shortt's solution Apr 6, 2012!

The great master Ed has explain the solution elegantly with much much more depth and completeness.

Did you copy the solution from Ed's post?

Restricting a material for only one customer - Toolbox for IT Groups

Ed Shortt's post:

I read the comments about an enhancement with a customer table with the sold-to and the material and use a user exit…. But I challenged myself to do it with standard SAP without enhancements

And I am happy to share with you, that I was able to do so, and here I share the solution

1-Create an Item Category Group value ZEDS (Ed Shortt’s special Item Category Group for materials to be part of this restriction)

2-Create an Item Category Usage ZCUS (Ed Shortt’s special to control when the Usage is allowed)

3-Then, for the sales documents you want to allow this (e.g. “OR”), go into item category determination and setup document type OR with usage ZCUS and Item category Group ZEDS pointing to your item category (e.g.TAN)

e.g. OR ZCUS ZEDS TAN

4-then in the material master records that you want to restrict, go into the Sales Org: General/Plant Data view and assign ZEDS Item Category Group

5-Go into VD51 and create a CMIR (Customer Material info Record) for your sales org, the customer you want to allow to buy this material and the restricted material number …. and set the usage ZCUS in the CMIR and Save

From now on, for any customer that you want to allow to buy this material, just create a CMIR and setup usage ZCUS and that will be your approval to sell that material to that customer

If you want to create more materials restricted this way, just add the ZEDS item category Group in the material master and voila it is not possible to be entered on the OR unless you create the corresponding CMIR

If in the future, you want to graduate the material, to allow it to be sold to any customer, just change the item category group in the material master and flag for deletion the CMIR (or remove the usage) and now, it will be possible to sell it to everybody.

Any other customer that tries to but a material with the ZEDS item category group and they do not have the CMIR with the ZCUS usage, will get a "Item category determination not defined" message

As an alternative, you could map the item category determination ZEDS (Without the 'usage') to an item category that behaves like a text-item ....so no delivery or billing is allowed but it does not fail on inbound EDI for example, or allows you to record who tried to order it, but got the “No Confirmation” text item (Maybe incomplete because missing pricing).

You could also add a specific billing block "Z1-Not Allowed" to the text-item (item category) to easilly identify the sales doc items that tried to enter a material that is not allowed for that customer)

Obviouslly, if you have multiple item category requirements for your different material procurement types (TAN, TAS, TAB, TAD, etc.),

You will need as many ZEDS (Ed Shortt’s special item category groups like ZED1 = TAN, ZED2 = TAS, ZED3 = TAB, etc.) item category groups available to map each one to the corresponding and correct material to perform the correct item category determination

The person/goup doing the material setup, should know how we should procure (internally or externally, drop-ship or back-to-back, MTO vs. MTS, etc.) to enter the correct value during material master creation/extension in the cases of Restricted materials

All Standard SAP configuration .... no need for enhancement at all ....!!!!!!!! 🙂

Hope it helps,

Ed.

Regards and good luck

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

I was not gone through this thread before my posting.

Actually this post is more descriptive than mine.

Now i understood my flaws from this thread.

Let me Go through and thanks for sharing.

Phanikumar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material Listing/Exclusion will help.

Regards,

Senthil Venugopal

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why would you go for this complex solution when material listing and exclusion is also there. Did you try what TW Typewriter has suggested?

I liked the solution which Phanikumar V has suggested and it is something new for me. Thank you Phanikumar for sharing. Remember that there are sometimes many ways to achieve some requirement.

Thank$

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Respected Moazzam sir,

Thank you for your compliments.

feeling very happy today.

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

The functionality for your requirement is Material Listing Exclusion.

Suppose all the customers that should not be sold this material, have customer group = ZZ

and this particular customer has customer group = blank

Then maintain exclusion condition record - customer group, material = ZZ, material.

When user creates sales order, only for that particular customer this material can be permitted and not for any other customer (with gr = ZZ)

If you need further assistance, please do inform.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are the customers sites or real individual customers?

If you already have an article created for a specific customer and the price is already set, then you could use article status to block it for other customers or just avoid to create this articles (marc/mard data) for other customers so they just can't select it or create any order.

Hope it helps,

Génia.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Genia,

If you already have an article created for a specific customer and the price is already set, then you could use article status to block it for other customers

Please elaborate on how to block a material for other customers?

Which field(s) are you indicating here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was refering to the field of MARC-MMSTA. But I think it works only if your customer is a site.

Kind regards,

Génia.