cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnection issue with MI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any feature in MI by which there is no need to log in again by the user

when connection is lost with MI server and established again.i.e is there any feature for automatic login after reconnection ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ashima,

i think the MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption set to

local would help in this case. the user won't be asked for any password during

sync. MI will use the local password which corresponds to the actual password of

the user in the MI server.

see <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/5d29cb28616e47e10000000a422035/frameset.htm">Parameters for Security and Authentication</a>

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashima,

The definition of MI itself answers your question.

"The SAP Mobile Infrastructure (MI) is a technology platform for offline and online access to SAP systems or other ERP systems via portable devices like PDAs or laptops. It plays a central role in the technology framework for SAP Solutions for Mobile Business."

You donot always require you to get connected to server. when the connection is restored and you sync it, the delta synchronization will happen to update that last made change.

<u>Delta synchronization</u>

Keeping track of business objects in a client device so that only the difference between the client device and a backend system can be downloaded to the device.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I still have doubt as my question was:when a user wants a connection with the MI server using a PDA he will login and syncronize

in order to connect to the MI server but while communicating with the server if the connection is lost and then connection is rebuilt again in few minutes then user is suppose to login again? Now is there any feature by which there is no need to login after reconnection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashima,

You use MI in an offline environment, you only connect to the MI Server when you need to synchronize. So everytime you want to synchronize it is a fresh connection to the server, If the server is not reachable the synchronization stops, there is no pooling done to keep trying. It only checks once.

I hope this answers your query.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

thanks 4 ur reply but I still have doubt as my question was:when a user wants a connection with the MI server using a PDA he will login and synchronize

in order to connect to the MI server but while communicating with the server if the connection is lost and then connection is rebuilt again in few minutes then user is suppose to login again? Now is there any feature by which there is no need to login after reconnection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashima,

To use the application you are already logged in, to synchronize you have to enter only the sync password. When you are synchronizing and the connection breaks, all you have to do is click on the sync button again to connect to the middleware, if you dont want to type the sync password you can use jo's suggestion stated above.

Best Regards,

Karthik