cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to OData service from Eclipse Juno + Kepler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to utilize the GWPA OData Toolkit for Java to consume an OData service running in NetWeaver Gateway in a Java application. When I try to install GWPA in Eclipse Juno via "Install new software", I can select the required components, confirm the License agreement, press Finish and... get the error below:

Almost all of the missing bundles belong to SAP - how comes? The Proxy settings are okay, as I can load https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/juno in the Available Software Sites preferences (same for Eclipse Juno site). At the first trial I received and error about missing components org.eclipse.emf.transaction... - I got over that by installing Eclipse EMF plugins from the respective download location via Install new software.

As an alternative I tried Eclipse Kepler (I know it is not officially supported for GWPA). Here the installation is successful, but when I try to generate a proxy class for an OData service, I can not enter credentials for basic authentication anywhere, there is no dialog comming up. Consequently, I get an error:

I tried to hand over credentials within the URL as http://<user>:<password@<server>..., but that does not work. We haven´t prepared SSL access to the Gateway, as external access is only done via an SMP server so far.

Does anybody of you have clue how I could solve this?

Thanks a lot,

Ringo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CarlosRoggan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ringo,

a workaround, in case you cannot access the service URL, is always:

invoke the service in a browser and download the xml to a file on your local file system.

Do the same for the metadata document.

Then choose "File System" instead of "Remote Location" in the wizard that is displayed in the above screenshot.

Use the downloaded xml documents for generating the "Starter Application" or "Service Proxy".

This works and since the files are copied into the generated application, it doesn't have any side-effect.

Kind Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

that works with my Eclipse Kepler - thanks a lot. I still got some syntax errors in the code, but that´s another story, I am gonna look into it in the next two days.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is the eclipse (junos) version you have installed?

Can you pls verify all the pre-requisite mentioned in this document? 

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Eclipse 4.2.2 (Juno SR2) x86 64 bit on a Windows 8.1 host. I checked the prerequisites document - the only difference is that I have Java 8 (JDK 1.8.0 64 bit) instead of Java 7.

After your post I installed Java 7 SDK (JDK 1.7.0 Update 55), added it to Juno and Kepler and made it the standard JRE and project JRE - unfortunately the problem is still the same (thank you anyway, it was definitely worth the trial).

Does anybody have another idea?

Thank you,

Ringo

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Recently i tried the GWPA installation in eclipse junos on window 7 64-bit and it worked. I download Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers, 250 MB from here.

Make sure you have set the Environment variables before installation of Eclipse as mentioned in this document.

Once you are done, Click on Help menu>Install New software>Click on "Add"

Give some name along with "Location" as the URL : SAP Development Tools for Eclipse - Juno Software Repository (check below screenshot)

Press "OK"

Select "SAP NetWeaver Gateway Productivity Accelerator" > Click "Next"

shout if you face any issues.

Rgrds,

Jitendra