cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check In Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when I last tried to check in a PDM into the repository PowerDesigner crashed (disappeared from the screen) without any error message (something like GPF I believe). Now, when I try to check in again, I get the following message box: "

---------------------------

PowerDesigner - Confirmation

The document 'Data Model - Oracle - Filiale' is already

in exclusive access on your workstation.

Do you want to bypass this protection?

Yes   No  

What is the meaning of this message? I never tried to get some kind of exclusive access. Even If I had exclusive access, why should that prevent me from check in the model? How can I finish the exclusive access to the document?

If I answer "Yes" PowerDesigner crashes again. When I answer "No" nothing happens as expected.

Can anyone give some insights and help to overcome the issue?

TIA,

Chris Werner

p.s. Using PowerDesigner 16.5.0.3982

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

When you start to check-in a model, PD places a lock on the model to make sure no other user will check-in the same model at the same time.

However, this does not explain why PD is crashing. In your instance further evaluation is needed to to determine which exception is happening and what SQL order is failing if any.

Please open a technical support incident so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Anthony

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

What ever happened with this one? I am having the same issue.

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

As are we.

SAP, is there a resolution for this?

How can we monitor the SQL calls going to the repository database?

We are starting to accumulate a number of unusable models in the repository that we cannot delete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I have managed to delete the server versions and then subsequently check-in without problem, but only after restarting my whole world (i.e. server and desktop). Most of the time it the problem showed up with Projects that contained a BPMN model - there was a bug with checking in those in my 16.5.5 PL03 installation.

Just yesterday finished testing PL05 on my test server and did not have check-in errors on any of my test models or projects. Hoping that the upgrade gets rid of most of the issue.

If you are not running PL05 (or going to 16.6), might be something to consider.

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Bruce.

When you say "restarting my whole world (i.e. server and desktop)", by "server" do you mean restarting the database server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan - yes - everything, including SQL server

Oh - also, I see you were asking about more messaging re; what is going on - if using the proxy, there is a config app (pdproxyconf16). Using this, change the logging level - this will give you more info than you probably wanted.

🙂

Bruce