cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New liveCache install/patching : Cannot connect / liveCache lock server not accessible

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing a new enviroment to move an SCM system to.

As part of this we are installing the new liveCache server as 7.7.04.29

and then patching it to 7.7.07.49

This is all for SAP SCM 7.0  (SCM component 701 on NW 7.02)

This seemed to go well at first but several issues where spotted during setup and now we cannot connect.

The issues were as follows:

1) Installation initially seemed to go well (with latest SPM for this version of SCM/liveCache) however at the end of installation we noticed that although we could startup liveCache from SCM (to green) SQL access was not possible.

This seemed strange as obviously SAPINST completed AOK and the liveCache started up.

2) We continued to see if we could patch the liveCache AOK but I suspect issue 1 followed through as we got these problems at the end of patching (despite the face that the liveCache initially then started up AOK from LC10 on the correct version):

Now after stopping liveCache and SAP we cannot ever restart liveCache fully - we get errors saying "liveCache lock server not accessible" from LC10 and from DBMCLI it gives no errors for "db_start", however will only get to ADMIN mode (and Database Studio will now not connect).

So it seems to me like maybe something in the initial installation caused problems. Has anyone seen this before?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated...

Thanks & Regards, Jamie Neilan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What is the status of the database now?

If it is not online then bring it online.

su - sqdlvp

dbmcli -d LVP -u control,control db_state

dbmcli -d LVP -u control,control db_online

Additionally refer to these SAP notes

1090087 - db_online sets database online despite error message

1882932 - Connection problems after database upgrade

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reagan -- in fact **UPDATE 2**

Now I reset the integration (password) settings on the LDA and LEA connections and ran DB59 checks on both and restarted the liveCache DB - now it's AOK on the DBCI.

So 1882932 helped - seems to me like this is not a big problem (so my mind's at ease there).

However, I now have a secondary problem (per my first ****UPDATE**** - whether it's linked is unknown.... the remote app servers I'm not installing as liveCache clients cannot connect to the 7210 (MaxDB SQL) port on the liveCache (and DBCI) server.

Ever seen this before?

e.g.

status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Error during execution of command identifier 'DB_ENUM' : com.sap.dbtech.rte.comm.RTEException: Cannot connect to host <SID>.na.pg.com:7210 [Connection refused], -813.)

I have started by checking /etc/service on the DBCI (which is Linux) and there is no conflict there (or in netstat) the expected "sql6" service is the only one listed using 7210. So I'm currently investigating to see why the app server installation cannot connect (interestingly DB Studio also cannot remotely connect; which it can to all my other live instances of liveCache)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NB I do wonder how I can test DBMCLI connection remotely - anyone know the syntax?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And my 2nd answer is sorted out too now.

so issue 1) connections failing - I adjusted LDA and LEA connections to match details/usernames/passwords for LCA.. then restarted liveCache via LC10 and tested all connection in DB59 - then AOK

issue 2) started up MaxDB xserver process to allow remote connections (not sure why this wasn't runnning)

Done.

Thanks to all.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

****UPDATE****

Strangely now I ran a DB59 check of the LCA connection and it worked AOK - now in LC10 it's started up and the only remaining error against LCA showing in LC10 is this:

"Error SYSTEM_FAILURE occurred executing LC_INIT_APPLICATION"

Also trying to install the liveCache client on a remote scale-out app server gives a connection error

"Last error reported by the step: Error during execution of command identifier 'DB_ENUM' : com.sap.dbtech.rte.comm.RTEException: Cannot connect to host <sid>.na.pg.com:7210 [Connection refused], -813.)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Please check if this is related to the default language issue of OS. If this is the case please check thread https://scn.sap.com/thread/274249 to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra, No it's not language related - all our server run the same langauge settings and the rest all work.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Actually yes I already read that one and in fact have resolved my liveCache server issues.

In fact if you see my UPDATES above I have a secondary issue with a liveCache client (scale out server) where it cannot connect to the liveCache server - any tips there greatly appreciated.

Will post results

Jamie