cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Adding a check on Ext. Reference field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In the CRM UI, I have added the Ext. Reference field (thanks to Michael Pitey's great article: ).

I would like to add a check on the value entered in this field. I suppose I will compare it against a custom table, which I will populate with references coming from the "External" application.

Has anyone ever had this requirement before? If so, could you please give me feedback on how you technically achieved it?

Else do you have any ideas on the method I could follow? BAdI, enhancements, etc.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and advice.

Kind regards,

Rémi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rémi,

you can do this by enhancing the web ui component AIC_CMCR_H (Transaction BSP_WD_CMPWB).

Redefine method SET_PO_NUMBER_SOLD of context node BTADMINH, this ist the place where a entered value in the Ext. Reference field is saved.

Best Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi, Christoph,

Thank you very much for your quick answers.

I will try them and let you know (it might take some days before I can test it, this is why I reply right now, without being able to close the thread).

Regards,

Rémi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Back to business from quite long holidays, I could follow your explanations at last. And it is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much for your clear answer!

Jansi, thank you as well for your answer which helped me setting the attribute as mandatory.

Yours sincerely,

Rémi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can you try this applicable for your custom fields.

and also check my earlier reply here

Thanks

Jansi