Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a query in two different roles without copying it

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The report I try do should display only data that concerns only Controlling area (0co_area) of the user (there is need for two groups of users)).

So far I created an authorization where I wrote down "0co_area = 1002" condition.

then I created a role connected with that authorization.

In that role I have a query with variable processing by authorization.

Then I intend to create similiar authorization and role connected to it for users of 0co_area=1000.

Now I think the only way is to create a copy of the query and copy it to the role for 0co_area=1000.

The problem is that I dont wan't to have two querries instead of one.

Any answers appreciated, 

Regards, Leszek 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Derived roles work on Parent child relationship. We have a single role and we derive a role from that single role. So that single role become the parent to that derived role. The derived role will have same Authorization tree as the Parent but you can change the Authorization values according to your need.

In your case, just create one Single role and Give * in all the Authorizations. the create two derived roles giving Values 1000 and 1002. Since the Derived roles will have exactly same authorization structure as the Parent, there will not be any need to copy the Query everytime.

AC

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, I see.

I'll try it later because I noticed that all what it did doesn't work. The user have no access to his data.

Thanks for yor help.

Leszek

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After fixing the error in the role I noticed that all I should do is to publish the querry in a new role.

From that moment a user that is tied to new role can read the old report using the rights associated in a new role.

Thanks for help.

Regards. Leszek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leszek,

You can make a single role with the query and all the Authorization with 0co_area = *

then you can make Derived roles from this single role for 0co_area = 1002 and 0co_area = 1000

AC 

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still see two roles to copy a query to. I don't understand.

I don't know what does it mean a derived role, how to create one.

Leszek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Derived roles work on Parent child relationship. We have a single role and we derive a role from that single role. So that single role become the parent to that derived role. The derived role will have same Authorization tree as the Parent but you can change the Authorization values according to your need.

In your case, just create one Single role and Give * in all the Authorizations. the create two derived roles giving Values 1000 and 1002. Since the Derived roles will have exactly same authorization structure as the Parent, there will not be any need to copy the Query everytime.

AC