SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - GR reduction not possible in MIRO (Message no. FICUSTOM350)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am getting error while doing MIRO (GR reduction not possible. Wrong cmmt item (fin. trans. 30) in GR/IR acct) .

I have activated FM - BCS. In Customizing transaction OFUP (Make other settings) I have ticked GR and INV and my update profile is 000101 (Payment budget; Payment basis ; Posting date).

I have created a commitment item for GR/IR specific and assigned financial transaction 40 then also system is giving the same error. The issue is system is not creating a FM line item for GR/IR clearing account at the time of MIGO but only creating for P&L item (Debit Part). Now when we post MIRO system is looking for FM line item for GR/IR (which should have been created during MIGO) for clearing hence error appears.

Please let me guide if I have missed some configuration or have done some wrong configuration.

Full Error description is :

GR reduction not possible. Wrong cmmt item (fin. trans. 30) in GR/IR
acct

Message no. FICUSTOM350

Diagnosis

You are trying to reduce a goods receipt line (GR) with an invoice (IR).
However, the GR/IR clearing account has an incorrect financial transaction ('30'
instead of '40') in the commitment item.

System Response

The system cannot calculate a GR reduction. This is not a program error, but
rather an inconsistency in the customer master.

In order to calculate the GR reduction, Funds Management (FM) updating has to
create original records for the GR lines with value type '54' and transaction
'RMWE'. Otherwise it is not possible to calculate the reduction.

Procedure

Correct the commitment item of the GR/IR clearing account. If necessary,
reconstruct the document in FM.

Regards

Rohit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ankit_agarwal8
Contributor

Hi Rohit,

Check whether you have assigned CI with finance transaction 40 to your GR/IR clearing account.

And second thing, you need to create a new case. In existing case in MIRO it will not work, as against this PO you have already done the MIGO with incorrect CI of GR/IR clearing account.

Regards,

Ankit Agarwal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

GR/IR should be defined as '40' and it is normal that no FM line is created for this account.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I have a question about message FICUSTOM350. I also encounter this error message when we do MIRO and set the AP amount = 0. I try to set GR/IR as '40' but I found GR/IR account will not determint through FMDERIVE. I found this seems the standard behave in SAP. So, I close the message FICUSTOM350 and MIRO is work OK without error. But when I execute the report FMRP_RFFMEP1AX , the budget is incorrect. The system does not reduce the payment budget. Ex: PO amount = 7000 USD, MIRO AP amount =0 , I think the total budget should be 0, but the total payment budget of the report is 7000. Please advise.

Thanks and Best Regards,

ankit_agarwal8
Contributor

Hi Rohit,

Check whether you have assigned CI with finance transaction 40 to your GR/IR clearing account.

And second thing, you need to create a new case. In existing case in MIRO it will not work, as against this PO you have already done the MIGO with incorrect CI of GR/IR clearing account.

Regards,

Ankit Agarwal

0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

You are right in saying that GR/IR clearing should be 40 which I have already done but still I am getting the error.

I have resolved the error.We have to assign the Reconciliation account of Vendors to  Commitment Item having financial transaction 60 as well. Then this error will go.

Thanks for the Help!

Regards

Rohit