cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display quantity fields with units in forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a lot of forms (FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2 elements) with input fields for quantities. Is there a build-in functionality to display also the units the quantity fields are connected with?

Best regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

for the units of the quantities you need a separate feeder field. The quantity fields must be related to their units in the field description by filling the fields CQ and CQ_REF. CQ must contain the value 'C' if the field is an amount and the value 'Q' if the field is a quantity. CQ_REF must contain the field name of the corresponding currency/ unit field. The latter can be configured in the form configuration as any other field.

Best regards,

Jens

laeeqsiddique
Participant
0 Kudos

Just adding a point here that you can always hide the _REF fields by marking them Technical if you want

Regards,

Laeeq Siddique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

the cq_ref field is used to override the unit declared in the DDIC structure. So it affects "only" displaying the correct number of decimal places. What I'm searching for is something the prints the unit by itself. When I have a form where the user must input some quantity, I would like to print the unit directly after the input field.  Using standard text fields and put them behind the input field does not look very nice. Therefore my question, whether there exists some build-in-feature which supports displaying input fields together with the corresponding unit.

Best regards,

Thomas

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

according to my knowledge there is no such functionality that allows displaying amount (quantity) and corresponding currency (unit) together. But this would be a nice feature, undoubtedly...

Best regards,

Jens