Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC call from java webdynpro

TimVDB92
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating a Java Webdynpro where I call RFC's from SAP.

For the images in the webdynpro, I call the standard SAP function 'CVAPI_DOC_VIEW'

When I execute the function in SAP, I get the url to the contentserver with the correct image.

After calling the same function in my Java Webdynpro, the url is empty.

I've checked the importing parameters after calling from webdynpro and SAP and they are the same.

After debugging, I saw that the function 'CVAPI_DOC_VIEW' is the problem. He's exporting an empty url after calling from the webdynpro.

Does anybody knows the possible fault and solution for my problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

As far as I know most of the DMS functions require SAP GUI, that's why it works from SAP GUI and doesn't work from Web Dynpro Java...

Regards,

Omri

TimVDB92
Participant
0 Kudos

You are correct...Do you know a possibility to get the url in the function in SAP and to sent it back to the java webdynpro?

Regards,

Tim

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not an ABAPer but the last time I've dealt with DMS from Web Dynpro an ABAPer wrote a custom function that gets the file content (XSTRING) by sending DMS parameters (documenttype, documentnumber, documentversion, documentpart).

After getting the XSTRING from my Web Dynpro Java, I convert it to byte[] and created URL by using WDResourceFactory.

Hope it helps...

Omri

Answers (0)