cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling SSL in Dual Stack PI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have PI 7.4 dual stack system in our landscape.

Also we need to develop a couple of interfaces in PI which would involve SSL (Server Authentication only):
- One which needs to use receiver HTTP adapter to connect to the receiver application (hence the reciever application's certificates need to be imported to STRUST).

- Another interface in which we would be using SOAP (Axis) Adapter to connect to the receiver side (for which the receiver's certifcate will have to be imported into the NWA).

Kindly advise - how shall we enable PI for SSL on both the stacks and the ssl/pse_provider should be set to ABAP or Java?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jyotika.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotika,

As far as i know you can configure the SSL in the ABAP or JAVA stack independently about your further utilization. However, in some PI versions you needed  the ICM restart with the ABAP installation. In my opinion, i would do the installation in the Java stack because you can think in the future a java-only installation migration.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, as of now our PSE provider is Java. But for the first kind of interface that I have described above, I need to import the receiver's application into the SSL Client Anonymous node in STRUST. As of now, this node along with the Server PSE and Client PSE nodes is not visible at all in STRUST - I believe this is because the PSE provider is not set to ABAP - please correct me if I am wrong here. How can I sort out this problem?

Also please can you elaborate on how can I configure the SSL in the ABAP or JAVA stack independently? What shall I set the PSE provider to?

Thanks,

Jyotika.