Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter, paramter Retry Interval set to null

niro_leona2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In the SAP document, it mentioned about setting a null value to the Retry interval but I can't seem to make it work. I have already several values including 0 but its not working like the document has mentioned. Can someone please clarify about the null value?

---------------------

Retry Interval (secs): Number of seconds that the adapter is to wait before a file processed with errors is processed again 

If you set the value to null, the adapter is canceled if an error occurs, even if a value greater than null is specified for Poll Interval (secs).

---------------------

Regards,

Niro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leona,

Have you checked if your PI version and SP level is affected by this note 1483974 - File and JDBC sender adapter's retry not working after error?

Regards.

niro_leona2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

I checked the note you mentioned and it seems not the case I need. The sender adapter I'm using has no issues on polling after an error occured. I simply need the actual value of null that should be put to retry interval in order to cancel the adapter processing once an error occur. Thanks for sharing anyway.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niro,

Please check  the below SAP note.

821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter

Regards,

Naveen

niro_leona2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Naveen,

I've already checked that note before posting the question here but it contains no information about null value. Thanks anyway.