cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Query Variables and conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to 4.0 version we are creating reports with out universe, we are using Bex queries backend how the

1) Conditions

2) Variables

3) Hierarchies appear in the webi report.. Is it possible  to modify the conditions and variables in webi level..

what are customization are possible in the webi level.. Please share me any links or documents.

Thanking you Advance

Regards,

G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargav,

If you want to remove the Variables in Webi which are coming from the Bex ...that can be done by using the "Set Variables" option.By using this we can disable the Bex Variables at webi level.

Also if you want to create the new Prompts/Variables ..which are not there at Bex.This is also possible..

We can defined the Hierarchies level at query level when we use the Hierarchy object..

Regards,

Naveen D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thank you u for ur reply

Could you please tell me where i can find that option Set Variables.

Is their any specific documents or links related to the Bex query with webi reporting, what are

errors coming can you please share me information.

Regards,

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

You can find the "Set  Variables" in the Webi Query design pane..Look at the top options in the query design pane there you see the "Set Variables".

Below Link may help you..

Regards,

Naveen D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see below screenshot with mark of Set variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Naveen..

Is their any step by step guide all options Bex query with webi reporting book?

Regards

G

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

take a look here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42435

and here :

Also keep in mind that Web Intelligence is a reporting tool and not an analytical tool and that Web Intelligence will always struggle with BW as data source and that you should look at the Analysis clients.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ingo for ur reply

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Conditions are not supported in webi, variables work fine and hierarchies are okay via BICS connection.  Hierarchy via the universe, you have to create a universe-hierarchy (but this is only level based hierarchy (drill-path), not parent child like via bics (or as we know from BEX)

grtz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Koen for ur reply