cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you use "paint" to open BMP files in CV03N?

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use document management in SAP. It's OK while I set "windows photo viewer" as the default program open BMP files in my computer. I can open these BMP files directly in CV03N. But if I set "Paint" as the default program open BMP files, I'll get the error "File does not have program associated with it for performing this action. create an association in the folder options control panel". I checked DC30/DC20, I think our configure is correct, the "BMP" workstation application set "Path with prog. name" as "%AUTO%". My computer system is WIN7, and I check some XP computer, it will open the BMP files by "windows photo viewer" although I set the default program as "paint" .

Best Regards,

Microfish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Microfish,

Regarding datacarrier type registration please check at table level.

SE16--> V_TDWD_B

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

It's useful for me to add the record in the view. Now I get another error while open the BMP file in CV03N- "Error while calling the EAI Viewer" :

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Microfish,

Error cause of two things

1. Database manager tool not in active mode . So contact with basis person to make services active   Atleast ask him to make OFF and ON .

2 . ECL viwer 6.0 cannot support to display images( lack of features) . Display the image with latest ECL viwer 7.0  patch 16 . check for latest ECL viwer patch in market place.  Better test with SAP GUI 730 as well as ECL viwer .

Take basis person help .

Regards,

chandu.

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Thanks very much for your reply! I'll ask our basis for help.

By the way, what does this have to do with "ECL viwer"?  I only want to open the BMP picture by "paint" in my own computer.
Regards,

Microfish

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MIcrofish,

It is a viwer tool to display drawings/Images and recomanded for DMS .Very convinent tool to do slight changes on imege without third party software.

If you want to edit/display  image in paint automatically please define path on loadreferences which is part in ECLviwer.  Am not sure but we done same thing to display drawings through installed software like autocad, ProE ..

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have clear about ECL viewer from above reply. You can view & edit the drawings/docs with in SAP by ECL.  By the way you can also read the below thread for more information about ECL.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/b1/507f382d2f2f3ce10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

You are facing error because you have maintained EAI viewer app path on 1st on Workstation application(as per your second screenshot). I think you haven't install ECL viewer in your Front end system(PC). Just download latest ECL viewer from market place. And check again.

For downloading ECL:

Go to support Portal>Downloads>SAP Installation & Upgrades>Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group>Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" Supplementary >Components for Cross Industry Solutions> Lifecycle Data Management> ECL viewer

Regards

Shishir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Microfish,

PLease check with data carrier settings its should be assigned to front end computers by defautly. refer below screen shot.

If still raising error , check with latest SAP GUI version and  read and write permission of temp folder.

Regards,

chandu.

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Yes, there's some error in my DC20, could you give me more help about checking data carrier setting? I get error when I set "Identify frontend computer", the error is "No entries found that match selection criteria". Many thanks!

Regards,

Microfish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select this row (P2 in your case) and click on Identify Front end and maintain below new entry

Save and check again.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Microfish,

Click & select ' define data carrier type'  P2 and than double click on Identify frontend computers( leftside) . here you will find Default entry .

save the changes with help of basis guy.

Regards.

chandu.

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

1. I can't see your 2nd picture;

2. No content in my "Identify frontend computers", and if I click the button "Default entry" in right top, I only get status information"No entries found that match selection criteria" and can't continue.

please note that, the "P2" is created by myself just now, I don't know if there's another settings.

regards,

Microfish

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

I only get status information "No entries found that match selection criteria" when I press button "Default entry". Please note that, the "P2" is created by myself just now, I don't know if there's another settings.

regards,

Microfish

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Microfish,

Create datacarrier type name as PC bcz its a standard word for all front end computers.Try it it will work out.

Please check with table level is your datacarrier created or not.

Regards,

chandu

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Still raise the same error after I create datacarrier type "PC" and change it to BMP setting(also delete P2). By the way, what's your setting in "Define servers and files" above "Identify frontend computers" ?

Regards,

Microfish

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Microfish,

Can you check for ST22 if any ABAP dumps created ? if so plz post it.

here is my screen shot of config settings. another screen shot already i posted in above.

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

There's no dumps in ST22. Could you please show "Define servers and files", thanks so much.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Not required . we put it as blank for define servers and files.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Microfish,

Can you change the configuration settings in DC30 for BMP for N/W  in application type 1  TO  EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL% .

Application type 2  with  Pbrush.exe.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

chandu.

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Thanks for your reply. There's only 1 record in our DC30(see picture), and the application type is 2, I can change the application as "Pbrush.exe". It's difficult for me to add another record, application type 1, because the "Data carr. type" = F1 will raise error, there's no option values(F1 doesn't exists).  The error "File does not have ... control panel" doesn't disappear.  I'm sorry, your words "... for BMP for N/W..." , what's the mean of "N/W"?

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Microfish,

Sorry ,Just i posted without check what i wrote .

You need to check below 2 things.

1. Hope that F1 is your data carrier type which is configured at DC20 and check assigned to default entry.

2.select workstation application type as BMP and choose define workstation application in network for dispaly , change and print if required. 

Hope that you know Application type 1 for Display originals and 2 for change the original.

For ref am posting screen shot.

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you replace %auto% in option Path with Prog name? And check again.

Note: in your PC, paint application must be selected as default appl for BMP file.

Regards

Shishir

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

still raise error, see below:

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Shishir,

Thanks for your reply. If I replace  %auto% in option Path with Prog name, is that mean we only open with this program? I can't do this , I think some people must use some other programs to open BMP files.

Regards,

Microfish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay...I have tried your situation also. But my system allowed me to do so and it's working correct. I think there might be some other problem in your specific system. Have you tried in different system?

Regards

Shishir

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

I think there's some problems in my "data carrier setting" , I'm checking now.  I didn't try it in another system( My another SAP system is even more incomplete about document setting... ).  Thanks for your feedback, I'll release my result while I correct my setting.

Regards,

Microfish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually my point of another system is to checking in another PC, not in SAP system.

former_member611794
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, I've checked by several PCs, all raise the error.