SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices Retail MX V1606 - Message No. AM885

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm in the middle of a process of activating SAP Best Practice Retail MX V1606. The process is stopped in the scope 701 Retail Organization / Reference Sites / Create reference sites. The eCATT  running is  / SMB91/WB01_O001_R01.

The errors messages are: Error in eCATT command TCD WB01 and AM885 Internal error - call ADDR_INSERT error. (see attached)

I already tried to run the eCATT in foreground. As I understand, the program tries to write an address on the customer R100 and at that point breaks.

The system is SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 6.0 SPS 7 as recommended by the Quick Guide. (see attached)

I need some guidance to solve this problem. Thanks in advance....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BobT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Reynaldo

I´ve recently activated the Retail Best Practices (RETAIL_DE_V1606_BP_ERP606V8).

For this version SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 6.0 SPS 3 was needed, as soon as your SPS is to high you get difficulties with the eCatts. Also i needed to implement several notes (all described in the manual).

We've missed out one with the result that I had to manually run several eCatts.

In your case probably the deb. and the store have already been created in the automatic run (check this) and have different addresses assigned to them (T001W-ADRNR for de store and KNA1-ADRNR for the deb.). These have to be the same.

Kind regards

Bob

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BobT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Reynaldo

I´ve recently activated the Retail Best Practices (RETAIL_DE_V1606_BP_ERP606V8).

For this version SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 6.0 SPS 3 was needed, as soon as your SPS is to high you get difficulties with the eCatts. Also i needed to implement several notes (all described in the manual).

We've missed out one with the result that I had to manually run several eCatts.

In your case probably the deb. and the store have already been created in the automatic run (check this) and have different addresses assigned to them (T001W-ADRNR for de store and KNA1-ADRNR for the deb.). These have to be the same.

Kind regards

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Bob, your observation helped us fix the second error (AM885 Internal error .... ), but the first one persists.  Thanks a lot.  We are still working on this... 

The attached image shows a bit that is the problem ...

0 Kudos

Hello Reynaldo,

This specific issue didn’t occur when I activated the Retail Best practices.

But a lot off eCatt’s did run into an error. What I did was run the eCatt manually via transaction SECATT.

It is then important to run  in the foreground (in tab UI-control select "A Process in Foreground, Synchronous Local"). Example is another file but works the same.

The message it self states that there is no batch input data for a specific screen, probably there are fields that are mandatory.

By running the eCatt manually on the foreground you can manually fill these fields.

This is not a big issue for maintaining stores/DC's (not much data). but if a eCatt regarding article maint. runs in such an error there is a lot of work to be done.

It looks like you version of SAP (sp) versus that what the Best Practice needs is not the same.

A higher sp results in these kinds of errors.

Kind regards

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

However, that is the SP recomended in the "Quick Guide to Implement the SAP Best Pactices".

I opened a ticket about this in the Market Place. SAP recommended revising the SAP Note 1747218.