cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Unexpected reply codeUnknown extension in database file name

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to place file in the iSeries library folder and for this I am using a receiver file adapter with the following config, FYI, I am not using any FCC

Target Directory : /QSYS.LIB/XXXXX.LIB/

File Name Scheme : FILENAME.FILE

As I am doing this config for the first time I am using the following SCN discussion as my reference,

File FTP to AS400 Library folder | SCN

but i am still getting the error message at the receiver channel as below

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'XXXXXX:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Unexpected reply codeUnknown extension in database file name.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Please let me know if anyone has anymore suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Seems like a connectivity issue, Please check if the firewal rules/ port is open .

Also check if the necessary permissions are provided for the folder.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

The File Name extension that you configured is incorrect I think.  Can you try to change the extension to .txt and try once.

File Name Scheme : FILENAME.FILE

Thanks,

Satish.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

There is no firewall issue and the port 21 which we are using is open.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I tried with .txt, but its the same result

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Also I see I am able to connect to the iSeries Library using windows cmd prompt but not with winscp or filezilla. I am not sure if that is something which needs to be considered

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Please check the below discussion

regards,

Harish

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish I tried this, it didnt work and that is what i have referred in my post.