cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No messages available in RWB monitoring in SAP Pi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We are facing a peculiar problem only for JDBC receiver scenarios. The flow of the messages are as below:

ECC -> PI -> Oracle database

Messages processes successfully from ECC to Oracle and these messages are visible in SXMB_MONI but not in RWB->Message Monitoring.

Ideally when messages process from IE->AE, then in both IE and AE messages should be visible and it is happening for all other types of interfaces.

Only for JDBC receiver, this is happening. I don't know if any message logging was disable or now.

Please help me to identify the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VIcky,

Here is a thing:

Can you check below ?

NWA -- >> Configuration - >> Infrastructure -->> Java system properties

Go To Service tab and search for XPI Adapter:XI

Under properties tab, there should a parameter xiadapter.logger.conf.

Value of this should is generally kept BI = 3 ( to log sync and aysync messages). Have you checked this option ?

I am not 100 % sure, this is the solution to your problem but can you try ?

Thanks..

regards,

Omkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

XI is for proxy adapter i guess.

I also have XPI Adapter: JDBC.

In the properties of this, we have 2 names and default values:

LazyConnection = true
suspendSender = false

Is something needs to be changed?

regards,

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Are you trying to look the past messages in RWB? Check for receiver file adapter.

There is something called Archive and deletion procedure which might be enabled in your system. This will actually delete the messages RWB --> AE/IE overviews.

Generally, messages will be there in the system for 30 days before it gets archived or deleted.

Ref below link:

J2EE Service Properties that May Require Changes - Configuration of Usage Type Process Integration (...

Regards,

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is something called Archive and deletion procedure which might be enabled in your system. This will actually delete the messages RWB --> AE/IE overviews.

No. I don't think this is true.

The delete job will delete the content but not the entries from RWB overview.. You should still be able to see this information even after archive and deletion..

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the messages are deleted then you will not be able to see it in RWB.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i said, Delete job execution will have no impact on database overview.

DB Overview continues to display the aggregated/statistical information until you deactivate the "message overview"

Did you check in your system? Doesn't it display the overview data even after the deletion job?

Activating data collection for the Adapter Engine (Java):

If the property 'messaging.system.statusLog' of the "SAP XI AF Messaging" service (as of 7.10, the name of the server was changed to "XPI Service: Messaging System") does not contain the values 'Send,Recv,Event', add these as follows (do not delete other values that are set):
messaging.system.statusLog=Send,Recv,Event,<other values>

You can then use the property "profile.runtime" of the SAP XI AF Core service to activate data collection for the message overview. To do this, set the value to 'true'.

You must set these properties accordingly in each server node and restart the service.

To deactivate this, set the property "profile.runtime" to the value "false" on each server node. In addition, you must remove the value "Event" from the value list of the property "messaging.system.statusLog". Restart both services "SAP XI AF Messaging" (or "XPI Service: Messaging System" as of Release 7.10) and "SAP XI AF Core" to ensure that the changes take effect. During the deactivation process, all message overview data that was written up to now is deleted, and the message overview is reset to its initial status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

True you can see the statistics on the database overview but cannot actually see the message as it is deleted. If the adapter messages are marked for deletion, then they are deleted and cannot be seen in the RWB, but since the IE messages are not marked for deletion you can see it in the SXMB_MONI.

For more information

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/05/b1b740f83db533e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is what i mentioned in my reply.

The delete job will delete the content but not the entries from RWB overview.. You should still be able to see this information even after archive and deletion..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried using every options which we do to check messages in RWB, by putting message ID as well.

This is not the 1st time i am doing the monitoring. The system went live 8 months before and no actually bothered before.

JDBC drivers is already installed else messages won't processed successfully through PI.

I don't know if there is any settings which needs to be done to activate the logging of messages in RWB?

Version of PI is PI 7.11

regards,

Pinaki

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky - Can you check the below note?

1031773 - Activating the message overview in RWB message monitoring

Activating data collection for the Adapter Engine (Java):

If the property 'messaging.system.statusLog' of the "SAP XI AF Messaging" service (as of 7.10, the name of the server was changed to "XPI Service: Messaging System") does not contain the values 'Send,Recv,Event', add these as follows (do not delete other values that are set):
messaging.system.statusLog=Send,Recv,Event,<other values>

You can then use the property "profile.runtime" of the SAP XI AF Core service to activate data collection for the message overview. To do this, set the value to 'true'.

You must set these properties accordingly in each server node and restart the service.

To deactivate this, set the property "profile.runtime" to the value "false" on each server node. In addition, you must remove the value "Event" from the value list of the property "messaging.system.statusLog". Restart both services "SAP XI AF Messaging" (or "XPI Service: Messaging System" as of Release 7.10) and "SAP XI AF Core" to ensure that the changes take effect. During the deactivation process, all message overview data that was written up to now is deleted, and the message overview is reset to its initial status.

As of release SAP NetWeaver 7.10, the runtime of the Adapter Engine is automatically activated. However, you can deactivate this again, as described above

Please validate the configuration of the above service.

Also can you share the value of the property "messaging.jdbc" under the service "XPI Service: Messaging System" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Is this is the 1st time your testing with jdbc adapter in your landscape??? If it is the 1st time please check whether jdbc drivers are installed/not.

Regards,

Anusha

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean message is not visible? is it under adapter engine overview/ IE Overview?

Also did you try with database view?  filter it with a specific message ID and see if you can trace it.