Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Web-service destination system

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

How to change the WS destination  URL for WS action block based on the host system.

I have a BLS in DEV system calling a webservice from 3rd party DEV system . When i promoted this BLS to MII QA , Obviously it is still referring to old URL.

I want to dynamically change the URL of WS Action to call webservice of 3rd party QA system. Like wise, MII PROD should call Prod WS of 3rd party.

I can change the URL manually after the promotion, but wondering there should be elegant way to deal with in MII framework.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

if you want to point the WS Action to a different Endpoint because the Quality and Production servers point to different sources you may use the Shared Memory properties.

Do the following steps

1. Create the transactions with the WS Action pointing the first destination. While configuring the WS Action please ensure that the Host and Port (the part that will change) is mentioned in the WSDL Base URL param as shown below. Ensure that the '/' at the end is there in Base URL.

The static part of the URL is mentioned in the URL part.

2. Configure the WS Action and test if this works.

3. Save the transaction.

4. Go to the Meta - Inf tab in MII Workbench and open the SharedProperties file inside the same project where the trx is saved

5. Create a new property of type String. You may enter the default value of the property same as the WSDL Base URL in step 1. Save the file.

6. In the WS Action in your transaction open the Link Editor and map this property to the WSDL Base URL property of the action. Check if the action still runs correctly.

7. Transport/Import the project in the other MII server.

8. Open the MII Admin screens and navigate to Data Services --> Shared Memory. You should see this property you created in step 4.

9. Edit the property and set its value to the new URL.

10. Execute the transaction and it should now run the action with new destination.

Best regards

Partha

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Partha.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Similar to creating ENDPoint in ECC with different configuration in the system landscape. Where as WS proxy stays the same.