cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the status of a transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the following issue, after a system copy appear the transport requests, which have been already imported, with the "Request waiting to be imported" in the import queue of the target system.

How would it be possible to change the status of these transports from "Request waiting to be imported" to "Request already imported" ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Noémi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi 

Kindly follow the System copy post installation process as mention in the below SCN link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41013

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

In the weblink shared by you....No explanation of issue regarding transport requests after system copy.

Regards

Sumit

Sriram2009
Active Contributor

Hi Sumit

Sorry man, Kindly follow the links http://scn.sap.com/thread/1394387

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you done the system copy of Transport domain? Normally after doing the system copy, you need to reconfigure the STMS as IP /hostname changed. But buffer files should be remain otherwise there will be no TR list in queue.

Asad

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Import status of orders should come from table TMSBUFREQ (TMS Manager: Transport Requests in Transport Buffer).

Are you using a shared transport directory ?

If not then you might have a shadow buffer in the local transport dir. of that system (a buffer queue file with name = SID of the previous system in transport route), deleting (renaming) it shoud fix your issue

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yves,

Thank you for this information.

I'd like to tell you that, we are using a shared transport directory and the transport management system is configured properly.

But I think that, changing the status of the transport requests (the field IMPFLG) in the table TMSBUFREQ would be a possible solution, although I'm not sure, if this is the right way.

What I intend to do is the following: change the field IMPFLG ("tp Import Flag") for the transports, which have been already imported, but appear in the import queue with the status "Request waiting to be imported" .

At the moment the field IMPFLG of these transports is set to "1" ("Request waiting to be imported") and I'd like to change it to "2" ("Request already imported") .

Would it work like this? Will the correct status of the transport requests be displayed in the TRX STMS?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Noémi

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noemi,

Did you try to  rename the buffer file same as your system SID in /usr/sap/trans/buffer.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

I didn't do this, because I didn't understand exactly, what you meant.

The table TSYIMPSTAT is empty on our system and if I clear the buffer file under the directory /usr/sap/trans/buffer (rename it as our SID) , won't this mean that I loose the whole content of it? Or how did you mean? Could you please describe your solution in details?

Thank you very much for this.

Kind regards,

Noémi

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noemi,

1. Kindly paste the screen shot of the TR status.

2. Just rename the <SID> under /usr/sap/trans/buffer to <SID>.old.

Refresh the queue.

3. The transport which you want to add back to the system , you can reload the same.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noemi,

Check the status of the transport in table TSYIMPSTAT table.

status meaning as per your query:

X: Request already imported

R:Request waiting to be imported

Also clear the buffer file under the directory /usr/sap/trans/buffer.

The name of the file will be the same as your system SID.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

We also face same issue when we do data import in QAS from PRD. After import,we have to re-import all TRs.

Pls help....if any way out...

Regards

Sumit