cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subreport & Mainreport crystal scheduling process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

This Question is regarding crystal reports...

i have a subreport which is used in ten reports. In every report i am taking the same Sub report from shared location and check the option "reimport subreport when open". So when i apply any change that change will applied for all ten reports at my next schedule.

My Question is: if the Subreport executes 10 minutes and i scheduled all the 10 main reports at a time. At that time does the sub report lock for one report or it will use for all the 10 reports? Can anyone give brief explanation about this?

Regards,

Naga.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. 10 parallel processing will happen.

This will be similar to viewing the same report by multiple users at same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for the reply,

I know depend on the crystal job server limit it will process the reports. But my question in the crystal report if we use the data source as same excel for 5 crystal report and if we schedule all the crystal reports same time the excel file is locked.

Like the same way if the sub report is locked or it will execute different manner?

In my requirement i have 33 sub reports and i want use them all in 5 crystal reports. All of the 5 main crystal reports will schedule at a time. I would like to know what is the back groud process will happen at that time?

Regards,

Naga.