cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP2.3 SP04 users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just installed SMP2.3 SP04 and WM6.0.   Everything works fine however,  how do I change the default supAdmin user or add new users to the platform?   Instead of using supAdmin to log into SCC everytime,  I would like to create additional users that will have the ability to administer the Agentry Server as well.

Is there a link to documentation somewhere that walks me through how to add new users and manage their security roles?

Thanks.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

by default, there is one "admin" security profile is available in "sap control center SCC". There you would find "PreConfiguredLoginModule" authentication provider. If you look at its properties , you will see "supAdmin" and "password" along with roles.

Since you want to create/add a new user (like SupAdmin), you will have to add a new authentication provider "Pre ConfiguredLoginModule" (same as existing one) under "admin " security profile. Provide desired "username" & "password".

Make sure you add/mention all roles as being assigned to the existing provider. Go to "General" tab, click "Apply Changes". Ignore the warning.

To confirm, log out from current session and login with newly created username and password.

Note: this approach is just for testing purpose but in production we should have LDAP configuration.

Rgrds,

Jitendra