Field overflow. Field : OUTPUT ; value:1.8195493121693122E+8 - LT01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am doing LT01 – Transfer Order for material XXXXXX
with 7000 Qty, I am getting error as

“Field overflow. Field : OUTPUT ; value:
1.8195493121693122E+08”

Base Unit of Measure in Material Master is -  Meter “M”.

Pls advice if any OSS Note is there for this..as i searched but didnot get any..

or let me know if any solutions for this

Thanks.

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the note:  23771 - Quantity conversion with non-metric units  which explain the reason and the solution for the error.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked this note before only.. there is no Qty conversion w.r.t Alt UoM..we are using "Meter" in Material Master, PO, GR,LT01

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see, the value in the indicated in the message is very very large. Can you think of any other reason why such a large value would flow to any field?

One reason I can think of division by a very small number (close to zero). Please post a few screenshots of the error.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the base UOM only in the corresponding document, the above mentioned message is unlikely to trigger. You may check the note:  20307 - Field overflow when converting quantities VA01 etc. (BM398)   and 23771 - Quantity conversion with non-metric units or raise an OSS ticket to SAP.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos
MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please share the screen of the Material master Basic data 1 for the material for which you are trying to create the transfer order (Dimension / EAN detail)

Also if possible please share the Material master (Additiona data --Unit of measure conversion tab

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the fields capacity usage and weight in WM1 view of material master , it could be that a wrong defintion leads to a extrem big number. I would as well check the change history of your material master. Since this material is already in your warehouse and you want only move it from one bin to another bin there must have been a change  between original put away and now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN PO - Meter, GR -Meter ( PO and GR Qty - more than 10,000 Meter )

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the UoM ZCL used for?

If ZCL is being used in any conversion, that might be the reason 10^3 (7000 odd quantity) * 10^5 (99999 for the conversion) = 10^8 (1.xx*10^8 in your error)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sure that this issue is related to ur Quantity or weight conversion where after conversion the output value exceed the total length of the field. With the screen shared by you i don't think there is any issue with that. could you please have a look on WM1 view as suggested by Jurgen.

Also please correct me looking at ur thread i believe you are doing bin to bin using LT01 with MVT 999 please correct me if i am wrong.i did not got this point from your above thread

"IN PO - Meter, GR -Meter ( PO and GR Qty - more than 10,000 Meter )"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, please check your warehouse unit of measure. The alternate unit that you shared might be assigned in there. That will answer your issue.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks a lot. As you suggested the user has changed the Weights in Material Master.

Earlier it was mainatined as 11,275.240 KG in Gross weight and Net weight 28,800.000, Volume - 28,800..snd at that time the user may be getting error.

I tried to replicate the scenario, by adding Gross weight
and net weight and volume in Material

When I remove Gross weight the system is not
throwing any error. When I tried with maintaining Gross weight system is
throwing the error.

UOM details :-

Base Unit of measure is “M”- meter

Gross weight is in KG.

WM base unit of measure – M –meter

Weight unit for Wear house is “LB”

No capacity check method for Wear house.

When i calculated - system is converting gross weight (KG) into
WM weight unit (LB) when trying to do Transfer Order then the error is coming.

11,275.240 KG = 24857.7790 LB

24857.7790 LB  x 7320M = 1819589420.28

But I am confused as there is no “Capacity check” method is
activated for that Wear house, then
why the system is throwing the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ZCL is no where used..i have posted updates..can you pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The error being caused is not because of the capacity check indicator you have shown in the WM config. That config throws error/warning/no messages if the weights have not been maintained in the material master.

The error is being caused by an overflow because of the extremely high weight maintained in the material master. Just to give you an idea:

An Abrams tank weighs 220462 pounds

An empty Boeing 747 weighs 500000 pounds

You are transferring around 35000 Boeings in one TO. So most probably the weight in the material master is wrong, get it corrected. In case the weight is right, you'll have to split the TO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basu,

Thank you for the reply,

Below is correct details mainated in Material Master

11,275.240 KG in gross weight --- i convert it to pound which becomes

11,275.240 KG = 24857.7790 LB

24857.7790 LB  x 7320M ( Qty in TO)  = 1819589420.28 ( this is almost equal to error--pls see error screen shot )..

then why is SAP showing 1.8195493121693122E+08 ..( this value will come almost correct when i multiply 1819589420.28 x 100000 x 10000 = 1.81958942028E+08 )

How is this happening..

pls help me in calculating...as i need to propose.

Thanks in advance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your calculations are wrong unfortunately. 1819589420.28 x 100000 x 10000 is not = 1.81958942028E+08

In fact, 1819589420.28 = 1.81958942028E+08. Here is my supporting from Google :

As I mentioned in my earlier post, get the weights checked (they are improbably high). Else, split TO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basu,..  

My calculations were calculated through calculator

let me check...and update you on Monday..

i appritiate your support and help..

Thanks

SN

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All your screen shots are actually missing the most important part to solve this issue, the screenshot from material master WM1 view is just a small area from WM1 view, the capacity field are actually right off this section.

The capacity check method is defined a storage type customizing, your screen shot is from warehouse number control

The screen shot from the unit of measures shows the conversion between alternative unit and base unit, but the gross weight fields per alternative units (you have to scroll to the right) are not captured

Your numbers are already very big but you actually missed an important conversion.

you just wrote 11,275.240 KG = 24857.7790 LB

but if the gross weight is in KG, then SAP has to find the conversion between KG and LB somewhere. This is actually taken from the customizing table (transaction CUNI). In dimension MASS  the KG unit is the SI unit. All other units in dimension MASS can directly be converted the the SI unit. For this you maintain a conversion rate to all non-SI units. To get a high accuracy, the ratio is very high. It can be found in the detail of a unit on the lower left side.

Often you will see an automatic ratio in alternative units in material master of 71701 LB = 32523 KG

this is based on the entered ratio in CUNI.

Unless you debug the program we do not exactly know when SAP actually does the unit conversion, I mean

does SAP first multiply the quantity with the gross weight in KG and subsequently do the kg/lb conversion

or the other way around.

But it would be a formula like that (SAP is doing it in several steps)

11,275.240 KG * 7320M *71701lb

------------------------------------------------------------------

32523kg

the result of the multiplication is 5917824597316.8 

this is 13 digits number left of the decimal, and I see you have mentioned 3 decimals for KG and 4 for LB

but the gross weight field has only a length of 11, so it cannot take this huge number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the answer, pls find the below screenshots –

There is no capacity check activated and I see the field
length as 13 but not 11 as you explained.

I did not see any automatic conversion in Alt measures

CUNI – Mass – Dimension for KG – ( LB not maintained)

UOM – Mass – LB

CONVERSION

FOR “KG”

Basic data 1 view

WM1 View

Wearhouse - No Capacity check

Bin details

Field length

We are using 4.7

Donot we have any SAP note for this which can be applied and
issue can be resolved or can we do this by any extension of field length. As I donot
want to enter multiple times (line items) the qty.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in this screenshot you see your conversion 567 kg =  1250 lb

hence your formula would then be like that:

11,275.240 KG * 7320M *1250lb

------------------------------------------------------------------

567kg

I did not refer to MARA-BRGEW, I referred to LTAP, the table for transfer order, the object where you actually have your problems.

And the result of the multiplication has still a length of 12 instead of the maximum of 11 for LTAP-BRGEW

I think you can neither extend the length of the field without creating trouble in x transactions, nor you will find an OSS note that solves this problem for you. (OSS note 362932 - Conversion with proportion/product units explains a lot background which may help you to understand the problem)

It might help if you could explain this issue with an example. I actually cannot really imagine something that is 1 meter long and has a weight of 11275 kg. How is this order fulfilled, how gets it transported?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And you are trying to transport 7 mtrs of that object in one go, that is physically speaking very implausible

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the UoM for the quantity in the TO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its Meter - M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi span,

I donot want to split the Qty. Except this is there anything we can do..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the warehouse unit of measure in warehouse tab in material master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try splitting your quantity and post multiple TO's. The value converted is more than the field length and you are getting this error.