Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Field overflow. Field : OUTPUT ; value:1.8195493121693122E+8 - LT01

Hi All,

When i am doing LT01 – Transfer Order for material XXXXXX
with 7000 Qty, I am getting error as

“Field overflow. Field : OUTPUT ; value:
1.8195493121693122E+08”

Base Unit of Measure in Material Master is -  Meter “M”.

Pls advice if any OSS Note is there for this..as i searched but didnot get any..

or let me know if any solutions for this

Thanks.

SN

Former Member
replied

All your screen shots are actually missing the most important part to solve this issue, the screenshot from material master WM1 view is just a small area from WM1 view, the capacity field are actually right off this section.

The capacity check method is defined a storage type customizing, your screen shot is from warehouse number control

The screen shot from the unit of measures shows the conversion between alternative unit and base unit, but the gross weight fields per alternative units (you have to scroll to the right) are not captured

Your numbers are already very big but you actually missed an important conversion.

you just wrote 11,275.240 KG = 24857.7790 LB

but if the gross weight is in KG, then SAP has to find the conversion between KG and LB somewhere. This is actually taken from the customizing table (transaction CUNI). In dimension MASS  the KG unit is the SI unit. All other units in dimension MASS can directly be converted the the SI unit. For this you maintain a conversion rate to all non-SI units. To get a high accuracy, the ratio is very high. It can be found in the detail of a unit on the lower left side.

Often you will see an automatic ratio in alternative units in material master of 71701 LB = 32523 KG

this is based on the entered ratio in CUNI.

Unless you debug the program we do not exactly know when SAP actually does the unit conversion, I mean

does SAP first multiply the quantity with the gross weight in KG and subsequently do the kg/lb conversion

or the other way around.

But it would be a formula like that (SAP is doing it in several steps)

11,275.240 KG * 7320M *71701lb

------------------------------------------------------------------

32523kg

the result of the multiplication is 5917824597316.8 

this is 13 digits number left of the decimal, and I see you have mentioned 3 decimals for KG and 4 for LB

but the gross weight field has only a length of 11, so it cannot take this huge number.

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question