cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Design Studio BI App into BI Workspace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to add Design Studio BI Apps into a BI Workspace (DE: BI-Arbeitsbereich) on the BIP?

How can this be done? Has anyone successfully done it?

BIP: BI 4.0 SP6

I'm able to add Web Intelligence reports/files but in the folders where all the Design Studio files are I can only see the images. It looks like BI 4.0 SP6 BI-Workspace doesn't recognize the DS BI app file types?

Thank you!

Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahoj David,

I just checked, same behavior on 4.1.

But you can add a Design Studio application by using a Web Page Module and OpenDoc.

Cheers,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahoj Victor,

Thanks!

As you suggested first I tried the Web Page Module - I configured it directly with the 1 OpenDoc url - it worked.

I ended up with the following solution for now:

Here: BI-Launchpad > Documents > Folders > Public Folders > in the folder with the Design Studio reports

I created: right click > New > Hyperlink: in the URL field I added the OpenDoc url of a DS report (bi app)

and under/in BI workspace:

• (Layout: Freeform)
  • From "Templates" I added 2 objects: "Navigation List" and "Viewer"
  • From "Public Modules" I added the Hyperlink object I created previously - drag & drop into the Navigation List, and now when somebody clicks on the item (Hyperlink object) in the Navigation List, the document/report opens in the Viewer. Now I can have several items in the Navigation List and have them opened in the same Viewer (of course 1 report at a time).

Regards,

David

Answers (0)