Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Master Data in BW Transformation

former_member223345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BW 740 SP02 and I need in a transformation rule to use the option "READ MASTER DATA", In fact this enables me to use all attributes of an infoObject and affect them to my data target ( Infocube).

I was wondering if there would be any possibility to affect also master data text of an infoObject and affect them to a data target?

I know that master data text are available through Bex queries, but for my case I need to have them in my Infocube.

Best Regards,

RAFIK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Using standard rule type this is not possible

However there are two ways to achieve this:

1. you use abap routine to read the text value from text table of info object (BIC/Txxx) in transformation

2. a. add a char info object to your master data

b. create another transformation from text data source to populate this new field (which is actually text)

c. create DTP to populate this new field with text values

d. now you can easily use, 'read master data' rule in transformation and assign the text field to your target field

hope this helps,

Purvang

former_member223345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Purvang for your answer I have tested your second way and it worked for me.

Best Regards,

RAFIK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its not be possible. we can read master data for attributes not the text.

But you can try to check at dev system by using read master data rule.

if not possible then go with add one info object(at cube level) which can be same length and type of info object.Use field level routine to look up from master data text table.

Thanks.

former_member223345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks I know it is possible  through an ABAP routine, I was just thinking if there were a simpler way to do it.

Best Regards,

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its ok. just do test case at dev system about read master data option. it may give clear idea

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add master data text to your info object's attributes and through read master data to get text to data target.