cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme for standalone WDJ application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are on SAP Portal 7.4, and we have developed a WDJ application using NWDS 7.31.

I have a requirement where I will like to use the Portal theme SAP_CORBU to the standalone webdynpro application.

I have tried using the application parameter sap-cssurl=http://<MyHost>:50000/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.themes.lafservice/themes/portal/sap_corbu

But this does not work.

I have also tried whether this method works for other themes like sap_chrome or not.

It does not work.

Request you to please suggest.

Warm Regards,

Upendra Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP_CORBU is supported only if you use Unified Rendering Lightspeed. Set iView parameter Stylesheet to ls and check Supply Portal Stylesheet. See below for how the pre EHP5 Who's Who Web Dynpro Java application looks like with SAP_CORBU. As always you should use SAP_CORBU only with applications that support it. In case of custom application, you will have to adhere to known restrictions with SAP_CORBU. See SAP notes 1681286 and 1852400 for details.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to render a wdj application in corbu theme. this is integrated within the Portal.

on the iview level, I have set the stylesheet property as 'ls' and supply portal stylesheet is checked.

in the application parameter, i have maintained sap-theme=sap_corbu

But it does not work. Any other setting to be done?

Thanks

Sandip    

Former Member
0 Kudos

What portal version, including SP and patch level? Are you using LESS themes? Is the iView using the application integrator template? Try using Gold Reflection or even a custom version of it.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi samuli

portal is 7.4 sp10. less is activated. the view is based on web dynpro proxy view.

Tried gold reflection, still didnt work out.

Thanks

Sandip    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure useWebDynproStyleSheet is set to false. I just tried it, copy-pasted UWL from the Web Dynpro Java Applications tree to a local folder and previewed the iView. Worked fine without any changes, UWL shows up in my modified Gold Reflection theme. You could use Fiddler, HttpFox, HTTPwatch, etc. to trace the problem. When accessing the iView sap-cssurl should point to your UI Theme Designer theme.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samuli

What is the URl parameter you have maintained?

I tried again, but didnt work. I am using a standard ESS app, so no modifications at the code level.

Also I just want to display it in the standard corbu theme. No custom theme has been created at this moment. Appreciate if you could help with more details.

Thanks

Sandip              

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not defining any parameters, it works out of the box with the standard UWL component. They have recently changed the way themes and fall back themes are detected and used. I know support for Corbu was recently removed from the UI Theme Designer so at least try with the standard Gold Reflection theme, preferably with a custom one because in the new detection algorithm one of the requirements is that the theme is properly generated and stored in the PCD.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samuli

If I understood it correctly, you have a portal with a custom GR theme assigned globally. The WDJ iview is just added, no additional param maintained. The WDJ iview takes the custom GR theme from Portal?

I have a similar set up, i am using the standard GR theme. But still the WDJ does not take the GR theme.

Regards

Sandip    

Former Member
0 Kudos

You understood correctly. Apart from creating a customer incident, you can try to troubleshoot the problem yourself with Fiddler, HttpFox, etc. The URL parameter sap-cssurl has to exist and point to the portal theme.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Found this note

1446099 - Application (Web Dynpro or ITS) is not displayed in customer theme

Need to dig into this further. The stylesheet version numbers could be a reason.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checked the notes, Portal stylesheet is at a higher version.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think there is no standard support for wdj regarding corbu theme

sorry i was wrong, the wdj support was not there a few month back, now it is there