cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change In PA/PSA - EG/ESG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

Client has done moderation and there have been changes in Org.Unit / PA/PSA & EG/ESG.

Please guide can we change the data for the existing employees in SAP or not.

Regards,

Garima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the data by using PA41.

Regards,

Soumitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok..."ll check and revert.

One more query related to PA / PSA incase we have to build in new PA & PSA can we do it? If yes then how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If New PA & PSA then go for Action type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to create a new Personnel Area and Sub Area below is the node for the same.

Thanks,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

i have a query if we do the configuration for the new PA/PSA then do we need to delete the older one from the system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you creating new PA and PSA ?

if yes, you can create and assign to specific company, no need to delete the old ones. if you delete the old ones, employee history will give error in masters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried making changes in PA/PSA/ESG through Orgaizational Reassignment. I am not able to view the older records.

Please suggest how can i view the older record for the same.

Regards,

garima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garima,

Did you change the existing action or copied to new one ? If you have changed the existing actions, then the values will be overwritten. In such a case, you may go to audit report RPUAUD00 to view the changes and revert your changes.

And if you have created new actions, then you may select the period as  'all' and view using overview icon. Hope that helps

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neha for your response.... issue was have defined Function as MOD instead of COP.

Regards,

Garima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here the configuration of Personnel Area / Sub Area has been done like PA - Office Location

and PSA - Departments.

Now the moderation has been done and client wants to capture new data for all the employees.

I understand that the new PSA need to be configured and using the COPY function in PA30 the new details could be updated maintaing the history.

However for Personnel Area an Organizational Reassignment action need to be executed.

Please correct me if my understanding / missing out any point.

Regards,

Garima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to change the PA go with Organizational Reassignment action type, if you want to PSA go with PA30 and copy the existing record and change according to the requirement with new date and new PSA.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garima,

Can you elaborate what kind of changes are you referring to ? You can change the data by creating new actions via PA40, thereby retaining the historic records as well.

Also, depending on the extent of change, will help you to decide further course of action.

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Employee grouping changes we will do Actions through PA40

Actions like:

Employee Change of Position

Employee Promotion

Employee Transfer

Change in pay

Annual Increment

For each Action type, list of Info types has to assign to the Specific Info group in table V_T588D

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Garima,

Yes we can do the changes of existed employees org units / Perosnal Area  etc .... . In SAP system will allow to chnage based on the dates . I would suggest you can change effective from starting of any month .

Ex:  One employee is working in HR Department since 01.01.2000 to 31.12. 9999  . IF you want to change his org unit effective from 01.05.2014  to 31.12.9999 once you do this system will automatically delimit the first record .( This will happen because of time constraints ) and also you will have the history of employee's org unit changes based on the dates .

Hope it may helps you

Regards

RBS