Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HROrg structure integration into SRM

rohit_shetty3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

We are presently planning on an SRM Upgrade for a client from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.0.

It has an existing org structrue which is manually created.

Now during the upgrade ,  the client wants to use the HR - SRM org integration for the existing Org structure. ( Active user base is about 1500 users )

The Business scenario which is being used is a combined one ( ie Standalone and Extendend classic)

The issues that i have in mind are

1) When the Org structure would be totally replicated from HR , probably it would create new Org ids, Positions and Central person etc. How will this impact all the existing documents for the users

2) Will the users be able to open their existing doucments ,

3) Will the users be able to approve the doucments which need to be approved post the HR integration.

4) Any other complexities that are involved in such a scenario when the existing org structure is being rplicated from HR org structure.

Please do let me know your thoughts on the same.

Regards,
Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

For question1: I believe the previous documents were created with locally created organization. So they will not be affected by newly replicated organizations from HR system.

For question2: as long as you don't touch the old organization or old users assigned to the documents, they can be displayed or opened without problem.

For question3: I think it is OK.

For question4: Please bear in mind that if the organization or users are replicated from HR system, please do not make any manual change to them in SRM system. HR system is the leading system, and all the changes should be done in HR system and then synchronize to SRM side.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ivy

rohit_shetty3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ivy ,

Thanks for your reply.

However i still have certain clarifications required.

1) Suppose we already have a user A in the SRM system with user id as say AUSD. Now after the HR replication he would be replicated to a totally new node in SRM. Now here i have two cases.

Case1

a) The user id AUSD is the same as replicated from HR.

Case 2

a) The user is different, say BUSD.

What will happen in the above two cases with respect to the existing open and closed documents.

How will the system behave in the above two cases.

Although i know that the second case should not be so... the userids should be the same... Its just an assumption to go with.

Also can you share any documentation in such a scenario where we are already having a Org structure and then we are now wanting to have a HR-SRM org sync.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit ,

you can run the program : HRALXSYNC for checking the consistencies of the users in the org model.

Regards,

Rahul

rohit_shetty3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

Thanks for your inputs.

The program will not help in removing the inconsistencies.

I am trying to just find out the cases which might arise post the HR upgrade to be able to avoid it from happening.

Regards,
Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Switching the driving system for the org structure is a critical change. It would be best to close all open documents before going live with the switch to SAP HCM.

You should be starting with a totally different ROOT NODE in case of a new org structure pushed from SAP HCM. Hence there will be no conflict that you are concerned here.

You will get more clarity about the open documents and the new org structure if your HCM folks can push a test org structure into SRM in the test landscape itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

We are also same situation like you and upgrading from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.0

We have also stand alone org structure in SRM system but the client wants to use the HR - SRM org integration for the existing Org structure.

We have approval hierarchy maintained (Approver for value limit) in the org structure only.

What will be the impact on this hierarchy?

Are you able to sync the SRM Org structue with HR?

If yes, please let us know the steps followed and the issues you have faced after syncronization?

Best Regards,

Siddappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I had to test the behavior for a similar scenario. The client wants to replicate the employee data ONLY. So I test the replication from HR to SRM.

For that I used the transaction PFAL, I play a little with the selection fields until I have a few tested it so I could understand the behavior.

In the test I replicated the position (HR) and the organizational unit in that test the systems creates a new relationship between the new position and the already existing user, the problem I have is that the old relationship was broken, so the users couldn’t work with the open documents (SC or PO).

I recommend you to test it really well until you decide how to replicated the HR structure

rohit_shetty3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello  Experts ,

Any thoughts on the above query.

Regards,
Rohit