Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Printers while printing

aabhas_wilmar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a special requirement here of printing FORM from two different printers based on some condition on the runtime.

Details:

I am using the script F110_PRENUM_CHCK to print payment advice on preprinted check stationary. Whenever the line items (the invoice no.) on the first page exceeds 10 the remaining line items printing should be done using a different printer.

This is required because the first printer contains check stationary attached to it but client wants to print only one check for the total sum of all the invoice numbers but should use a plain A4 paper to print rest of the line items

I hope I am able to explain the requirement.

Kindly help... this is urgent!

will reward points for all helpful answers...

thanks and regards,

Aabhas K Vishnoi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be achieved thro the follwoing changes to the NAST value,

Change the NAST-LDEST (Output device) to your required output device.

Note : you hav to assign the Long Name and not the short one we use to see in Dialog.

Reward points if it is useful. Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

as per my knowledge u can't achive this for one call... u r looking for 1st page one Printer and rest of the pages in another pages...

hi Prathiban.. as u told the Destination name will be assigned but he want to chage for each page...in one call.

i hope u can do it in some other way by using Print controles... but i don't have indepth knowledge onthis..

in the smartform there is an option to print each page in diffrent tray... in PAGE>OUTPUTOPTIONS tab>Resource Name = TRAY1 in page 1 nd TRAY2 in page2 like this..

if the printer is having number of trays then in the TRAY! maintan the pages for 1stpage u require, and in TRAY2 maintan the A4 page for the rest of the pages.

but to workit out thereshoulcd be print controls maintained for the trays.

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved. Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

aabhas_wilmar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks naresh for this detailed information... I am working on ECC 6.0 and have earlier I have never worked on Scripts... though I am acquainted with SmartForms but as I found this standard script, i am using this...

how do we select the tray options in Script

also... if you get more info on Print controls please paste here...

will definitely close the thread rewarding suitable points once my problem is solved...

Former Member
0 Kudos

even in the scripts also there is PRINT ATTRIBUTES for the pageat the bottom when u click on the PAGES then it will appere.

i hope u can give the tray name here..

aabhas_wilmar
Contributor
0 Kudos

but how to do it on the runtime using print controls... ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aabhas ,

Kindly make use of FM SET_PRINT_PARAMETERS to set the Print parameters.

Hope it will help you,.

Tx

Parthi

Note : Kindly reward points if it is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

wht ia m suggesting u is create two pages in u r smarforms.. for PAGE1 give TRAY1 and for the PAGE2 give the TRAY2..... but u r doubt is how to achive this at runtime.. u have to call the second page PAGE2 explicitily using the COMMAND node..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aabhas_wilmar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing down sale!... (Just closing an old thread)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the same problem. Anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks.

Regards,

April

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aabhas,

iam also doing same advice form with chck as down.. BUt iam not getting the line items.. only one line item iam getting .. F110_PRENUM_CHCK iam using.. 525 isfor linre items.. But iam not getting line items.. only one line itme is comming with elment 526.. can u please help.. what i have to do for line items printing in main window.. Iam using std driver program RFFOUS_C..

regards,

sampath