cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insufficient privilege: schema of existing user cannot be dropped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an SAP Hana Database, where before I had installed an R/3, uninstall it later and install a BW.

My issue is that is not cleared the r/3 scheme and when I go to drop, the error is:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [258] (at 12): insufficient privilege: schema of existing user cannot be dropped: line 1 col 13 (at pos 12)

any idea?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is mentioning that, the system has a user name with that schema name and unless that user is dropped it cannot drop the schema.

When you drop the user it will also drop the schema.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

the user exists, I access it with but do not let me delete the schema.

any idea?

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to delete the user to delete the schema.

The user cannot exist without the schema and hence it is not allowing you to drop the schema alone.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, qhen I delete the user also it delete the schema but the database not start on reboot,

any idea?

Regards

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the reboot you are doing with that user?

I answered the question specific to your query, to mention you that every user wil have a schema with same name and unless you delete the user you cannot drop the schema

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

the reboot is with <siddatabase>adm.

I have 2 users with 2 schemas when I drop any user with your schema, when I reboot the database not start.

regards

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

After dropping the user there is no need to reboot.

Is there any reason why you are going for reboot?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem is that when I delete the schema when I start the SAP Instance not work because it need this user, but this instance is independent of the delete schema.

Any idea?

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

If your HANA revision is >= 70 then every time you open the HANA studio and refresh the HANA instance, it will ask the password. But if your using the same user and you dropped the user before to delete the schema of same name then it will not work as the user does not exist.

I see that you want to drop the schema name and landed in dropping user to do that.

If you want to user this user then one option is to re-create the same user again.

Regards

Raj

Answers (0)