cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned /actual cost report in iw31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Is there any method to see individual component cost while creating order (IW31)  in pm. I tried with planned/cost report button on the cost tab by including material and material text  in the layout, but when I execute the material and text is blank and I am unable to see individual material wise cost.

Kindly help.

Regards

Vidhyadharan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the settings you have done in the  cost settings for maintenance orders? Please elaborate.

As Maheswaran said the artitechure of your cost element grouping decides how the cost display is reflected in CO view of cost report (Cost element wise report of the order).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi muard

Right now I am not in a position to tell you for cost setting for maintenance orders. I have to ask the FIN/Cost people to know that. Apart from this is there any method in display individual cost of the material .

As Maheswaran said , the cost details are grouped under cost elements.

Regards

Vidhyadharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not required to show us the cost settings which you have done currently. That screen shot will not help us to solve your query.

But Why do you want to show individual material wise cost display in PM order??

If you have 50 material line items in components tab, are you interested in seeing 50 rows in cost tab??

Is this business requirement?? What is the business justification to get this way??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it a business requirement.

while creating reservation, the user should be aware that he is drawing a high value item.

for eg. One of the component  of the Assembly has failed, and it has to be replaced, the stores does not have the stock, it takes time for that component to get reparied, since it is time consuming,and the production been affected,  the engg replaces the entire assembly by drawing from the stores.  Since the engg does not know the cost, he  should be made aware that he is drawing a high value item from the stores , which he has to take an oral approval from the higher authority.

Regards

Vidhyadharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assembly is different than the Spares. Assembly is of course high value stock & this will have different cost element.

So, again by cost element, you can get the cost, not required to have material here.

Else, keep control of Permit & other functionality to control as discussed in your another thread.

Conclusion here is its not possible to have cost display in PM order based on material. You can develop the report to show the material wise cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have arrived at some conclusion, update that & close the thread.

If you have still more dependent queries, post the reason for keeping the thread open.

Answer "Thanks" will keep us in dark room.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vidhyadharan

You could try looking tin the FICO tables.

For example, have a look at table COEP.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not arrived on any conclusion, I am exploring possible way of using user exit or developing a program to highlight the cost .

Will update the forum , if the issue is resolved.

Thanks everybody

closing the Thread

Regards

Vidhyadharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cost Details are getting grouped based on Cost Elements or Cost Element groups assigned to the Value Categories.

Unless, you have different cost element for each material, you can't see the cost separately for each material under Cost tab in Maintenance order. But having different cost element for each material is not feasible & against accounting practices.