cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional packaging material to be sold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have worked with SAP as a user for quite some time but I am new to maintenance and support business so I need some help with following issue.

I have a situation where customer is asking for additional cardboard cover for every pallet shipped to him. Since the cover was not considered at the Finished Goods quotation process, our company wants to sell this cover, which the customer has agreed to. I am trying to find out what is the proper setup for this type of packaging material.

I can not put it into BOM, as the cover is not relevant to production and since we can ship incomplete pallets it's consumption would be unstable. I have tried putting it into the packaging instruction of a pallet so it gets picked up when packing an outbound delivery (which it gets) but I still can not figure out how to put this material on an invoice. The remaining packaging is returnable (and owned by customer if I remember correctly) so it is OK that it is not in the invoice. But I need the cover to appear in the invoice along side the Finished goods sold.

I have looked through the discussions in this forum but most of the discussions deal with returnable packaging so it was not that much help.

Thanks

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One approach would be extend the sales view for that packaging material to bill and set MRP Type as ND so that the requirements wont be popped up to production. Now have this packaging material as a Sales BOM with item category TAX, so that system will allow you to do PGI and invoice.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have checked our setup and I see that we do not use sales BOM, only universal (BOM Usage = 3).

My packaging material picks up Item category PO when the delivery (type LF) is packed. I would want it to pick POB instead (I am not sure if it is a standard category or one specific to our company), as I understand it, in VOV7 the category POB has setup for billing relevancy while category PO does not.

So my question is more in line of "How to define which category for packaging material to pick up in the outbound delivery, so that the resulting billing document picks up the packaging material too"

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so that the resulting billing document picks up the packaging material too"

The answer to your above query is that particular item category should be set to Billing Relevance

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response but that does not really answer my question.

As you have noticed, I already have similar two item categories in existence. PO for not billed packaging and POB for billed packaging.

What I need is to find where to set it up so that when I create an outbound delivery and pack it, the billed one (POB) gets selected instead of the not billed one (PO). Until now I have not found where to do that and I can not change it manually in VL02N as the lines with packaging are grayed out.

Answers (0)