cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conflict in scheduling dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have maintained Strict bottom up scheduling scenario in network and Top down scheduling for WBS.

We are working on Forward scheduling type.

Here m observing 2 things :

1. We have plan our project and activity...after maintaining relation ship between activities, wbs we got start and end date of our project.

eg. my start date of project is 01.01.2014 and end date of project is 31.03.2014. Here I want to share that the duration of my 1st activity is 2 days.

i.e. schedule start date is 01.01.2014 and schedule end date is 03.03.2014.

After confirmed my 1st activity on 04.03.2014 when trying to reschedule the project again, now system shift the start date of my project ....

i.e. 01.01.2014 to 05.03.014....which should not be done...Start date of my project should not be change.

2. now on activity level, in dates tab, before reschedule the project, system shows the Earliest start date 01.01.2014 and Earliest finish date 03.03.2014 and Actual start date 01.01.2014 and Actual Finish date is 04.01.2014.

But after reschedule the project, now system showing the Earliest start date 01.01.2014 and Earliest finish date 04.03.2014 and Actual start date 01.01.2014 and Actual Finish date is 04.01.2014........ Which is wrong ....

Hope You will find the solution for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Narender Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

for first issue: please change parameter adjust basic date to donot adjust basic dates.

thanks

Sunil

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

Please check configuration for Network Scheduling Parameters (OPCV) make sure you have selected Scheduling Type 4-Current Date.

Confirming activities has a large impact on the date scheduling.  You have only reported one actual date.  Review the actual start and finish dates.  Actual dates are used like constraints.

check offset days if you have with activities coz it forces a gap between the activities. Ex. if you put 10 day offset so it will push the activities into the future by 10 workdays.

Also refer to SAP Note 151551.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

As per our business requirement, Scheduling type --Forward is most suitable to us.

How it will server my purpose.

My query was that why system is behaving like that and how to restrict system to not change the plan dates of project.

As per current date scheduling, system start schedule from the current date.

Please give any solution.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in that case in network scheduling parameter you can select Forward scheduling.

but check what was rescheduling parameter in OPU6 transaction?

and was the parameter for adjusted data if that is adjusted basic date... then chenge it to 3rd one don't adjusted.....

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sanjeev,

Wt should be there in rescheduling parameter in (OPU6) ???

and wt will be impact of choosing parameter for adjust dates -- Do not adjust basic dates...

Kindly explain the process ....

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you have set the scheduling type as forward on both WBS and network.

On network (OPU6), tick the shift order and choose the option 1 in adjust dates drop down. When you schedule the network, partically confirmed/ confirmed operation dates will not impact scheduling.

On WBS scheduling (PS -> dates -> date planning in WBS -> define parameters), choose the option forward and tick adjust basic date & shift order. Here method should be WBS if you want WBS to decides the basic finish date or network if you want the operation date to decide the basic finish date.

In both screens, enter 999 as start in past to avoid any date discrepancies.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Narender,

OPU6 transaction for specified parameter for scheduling. where you can control scheduling parameter!

you can freeze start date through planning board as well In menu

Edit> Reconcile Date> Transfer Basic Date to forecast.

& OPTQ is the transaction where you can control basic date parameter for scheduling.

within above solution basis date would not be change after re-scheduling.

one more think analyze by me like activity does not have same date in it's screen like basic date which have only wbs while activity have Early Start/ Finish and Late Start/ Finish dates and Actual dates only.

Rest wait for expert comments

Regards,
Sanjeev