Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication among defferent systems

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi experts ,

I have the scenario as following:

One file system is sending a file to XI server (XIA) and from there XIA sending to another XI server (XIB) and finally to the destination file system.

I am not getting why they have used two XI servers to send the same file.

Please help me in the same regard.

Thanks

sreenivasulu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kancham,

it could be because sender system and XIA are connected by a high speed LAN..

XIA and XIB are connected by WAN.......

XIB and target system by another high speed LAN... this may be because sender system and XIA may be in one city and XIB and target system are in other city...

So basically the network tranmission hardware factors may be the main cause of using two XI servers.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guptha ,

thank you for giving nice idea.

sreenivasulu

Former Member
0 Kudos

One reason I could see is for performance.

Say for example XIA and XIB are interconnected through high speed intercompany WAN.

And server XIA can be strategically placed near file system of the sender.

And server XIB can be stratergically placed near file system of the receiver(destination).

Transfer of data from sender to receiver is very quick(just in case the payload is very huge)

Satish

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi satish,

I am not getting nicely about the ur reply " server XIA can be strategically placed near file system of the sender."

please ??

thanq satish

sreenivasulu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI kancham,

One of the reasons for using two XI servers is the distribution of load .When messages count is large and BPM is used to process it then in order to have better peformance sometimes redistribution of load is achived improving performance on the actual XI server linked with inbound System

Regards,

Amit

Message was edited by:

Amit K Singh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the XI adapter for Xi to XI communication.

<b>XI - A</b>

1. IR create outbound message interface and inbound message interface liek for any File to File Scenario.

2. Id , sendr service will be your file servive, receievr service will be the WebASABAP system you create in SLD for XI B.

3. Create Receievr Determination, Sender Agreement and Receiver Agremeent here. Receievr Adapter will be XI adapter with the details of XI B

<b>XI - B</b>

1. Use same message interface name used for Inbound Message interface in XI - A and use it as the outbound message interface here. Create IR content with stright mappings.

2. Now, creatre ID obecjts with File adapter as Recieevr Adapter , no sender adapter and correspondiong Receievr Determination. Sender Service will here be XI - A WebAS ABAP Business Systrem created in the SLD.

Regards

Bhavesh