cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices / recommendations for migrating users from SAP GUI to NWBC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For years all our users have been using the "traditional" SAP GUI (SAP Logon for Windows) for access their ERP commonly used transactions.

As the Netweaver Business Client emerges as the "natural successor to SAP GUI / SAP Logon standalone", I'm wondering if there is a document / webcast / etc...  with recommendations, tips or best practices for engaging in a project to change all our users to this new UI:

• NWBC for Desktop o HTML version?
  • What should be the best approach to deal with change management for end-users / training / guidelines for assuring a “smooth” transition?
  • What considerations have to be taken regarding interface customization (Side Panels, Chips…)?

Kind regards!

Alejandro Yabrudy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a great question Alejandro.

I've been working with the NWBC for a while now and the closest thing I've come across to what you are looking for is probably the Enablement Kit for NWBC

I won't answer all your questions but it is a starting point. I can give you my opinion on some of your questions:

• NWBC Desktop or HTML - I would say Desktop to replace SAP GUI for professional users. I am not a big fan on the HTML version - I would rather use the Fiori Launchpad than the NWBC HTML version.
  • When you use the NWBC Desktop you gain quite a few possibilities to improve the user experience (e.g. Side Panels) but most people have no idea this is even possible. There is a good bit of work required to educate people around what is possible and then work with them to find ways to use these new technologies to improve the system for them.

I hope that helps a bit,

Simon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alejandro,

Have you seen Julie's new post?

BR

Melinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Melinda!

Julie's post is very clear and a good starting point for defining what UI to use. It gave me a good idea and now it's clear to me that we should go in the "NWBC for Desktop" direction...

Now... I'd like to do some "real life" testing with some expert users in order to have their
comments and feedback. In the mean time I’ll review the “Enablement Kit for NWBC” that Simon suggested in his reply!