cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScreenPersonas Error Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having trouble setting up ScreenPersonas - so I thought I'd post them on SCN to see if anyone else has similar issues/fixes...

(all tests were done on IE9)

1)  The first error message happens immediately upon logging into ScreenPersonas

SCRIPT5009: 'setPersonasObjectSize' is undefined

index.html, line 43 character 9

2)  The second error message happens when editing flavors on a specific set of t-codes in GTM:

6/5/2014 13:45:42,893 ERROR Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.RenderingController->CompileCachedTabControlState -

[ArgumentNull_Generic]

Arguments:

Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.20913.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=ArgumentNul...

Parameter name: controlState

System.ArgumentNullException: [ArgumentNull_Generic]

Arguments:

Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.20913.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=ArgumentNul...

Parameter name: controlState

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Common.Controls.ControlStateHelper.TryGetProperty(String name, ControlState controlState, Boolean& value)

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.RenderingController.TabControlCaching.DownloadTabItem(ControlState tabItem, Object token, ControlState& resultTabItem)

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.RenderingController.TabControlCaching.DownloadFullState()

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.RenderingController.TabControlCaching.GetFullState()

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.RenderingController.CompileCachedTabControlState(ControlState state, ScreenState currentScreen, IList`1 actionsToCurrentState, Boolean screenUpdated)

I'm not sure what the parameter controlState refers too... I've tried searching for it without any luck.  We do use some user exits on our GTM screens - but my ABAP programmers aren't familiar with this parameter either.

On other screens I don't seem to get this same error message.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

1 and 2 are unrelated.

1. Please go to SE80->BSP application->/persos/mainapp". Under that "MIMEs" folder.

You will notice that ScreenMode.js has been renamed to ScreenMode.js.BAK OR ScreenMode.js.BAK1.

Correct the extra BAK or BAK1.

for slightly more info, please see

2. This is happening because the tab caching is failing. Can you please check whether the transaction you are trying requires overwrite entry or not :

1999747 - SAP Screen Personas Screen ID and Control ID overwrite rules

IF your transaction is note listed in above note, please report it.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant...

i'm trying to do the first step - but i get the following error when renaming...

System setting does not allow changes to be made to

object SMIM 08D7AA50DB672545E10000000A42311B

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transactions I'm using are not listed in that report - i'm using WB21, WB22, WB23

0 Kudos

hi shane,

WB21/22/23 requires control overwrite.

pinging   to confirm when note 1999747 is updated.

Regards,

Sushant

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

Note 1999747 has been updated with the Control id overwrite entry for WB21. You will not get the error with the entry. Please add this entry to DEV, QA and PROD systems.

Regards

Chinthan

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Fixed the renaming issue for you, please post back if there is still a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas & Chinthan & Sushant...

looks like we are back in business!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tamas - do you need special access to edit these files? Neither my ABAP programmer or myself could rename the file without .BAK

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No special access is necessary... actually I just defeated the error message via debugging so I can rename the file. But in order to change the file name without doing that, you could go to transaction SE06 -> System change options ->  in the System Components list, scroll down to Personas and set it to Modifiable. Then you should be able to rename the file via SE80 by changing the Properties of the .BAK file.

You may want to reset the component to non-changeable after this.

Answers (0)